• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro CC19 : Fails importing quicktime Prores Files from Blackmagic Video Assist 5" recorder

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I've just updated Premiere Pro CC to the 2019 version, starting a fresh project, and trying to import footage from my Blackmagic Video Assist recorder.

But it fails with this message :

Capture d’écran 2018-10-16 à 09.48.07.png

The file was copied with Shotput Pro, and plays fine in CC2018 version, and in the finder. I've tried with other ProRes files from the recorder, and the problems remains the same. I tried with other Quicktime Prores files, generated with media encoder, and they play fine in CC2019.

I deleted Media Cache files and co. But the issue remains the same.

Is this may be related to a bad metadata in the BM QT file ?

Thanks for your help !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

The Blackmagic files should now be fixed in Premiere Pro 13.0.1 that was just released. Make sure to delete your Media Cache first, then launch and import files in 13.0.1.

Notable fixes in 13.0.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same problem. Also copied with md5-checksum (hedge) - now the files from the Blackmagic Assist 7" can't import anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi motomoro ! I've been in touch with Adobe support, and i sent them a sample file. They seems to be aware of the problem. But for the moment the answer is "the file on which you were trying to work, that is PRORES files, is not supported by the latest version of Premiere Pro 2019". Which I totally do not understand...

I hope the'll fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Running a clean install of all Adobe CC2019 with Mojave 10.14. Clean install of Apple Compressor v4.4.1 so I have all the Apple codecs. Rebooted. Same issue.

If I re-encode a problem clip using Apple Compressor. Say, a ProRes HQ 2160p to ProRes HQ 2160p the file will import or relink in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

motomoro and bm279. Thank you for the added feedback.

Would it be possible for both of you to provide sample file(s) to assist with the investigation of this issue?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with 4K files from BMD Video Assist 4K. Previous converted projects won't load media and new project fails as well. Same problem in After Effects. Of course, it all worked perfectly before.

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 4.50.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the added info, DC Mike. Would it be possible for you to also provide sample file(s) to assist with investigation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trent,

I’ve uploaded a file to Dropbox. It was recorded on a Blackmagic Design Video Assist 4K, ProRes 422 HQ, 3840 x 2160, 29.97. These files loaded properly before the latest update.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hn5clsmftou2x8/Capture0015.mov?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hn5clsmftou2x8/Capture0015.mov?dl=0>

ProRes LT files have the same problem.

My computer specs:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac18,3

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 4.2 GHz

System Version: macOS 10.13.6 (17G65)

Kernel Version: Darwin 17.7.0

I’ve included screenshots of the error messages below.

Mike Nelson

[personal info deleted, forum policy]

This is the error message when trying to import into a new Premiere project:

Here is the After Effects error message:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mike for the file and additional info. It is greatly appreciated!

FYI, this issue has been reproduced internally and is under investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as well from my Black Magic Design Recorder.  Older projects also no longer have video playback since the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here as well. I was using Mojave + Premiere 2018 till yesterday with no problem whatsoever, which unfortunately leads me to believe that the problem is indeed with the adobe upgrade.

After experiencing some of the problems above mentioned, I did a clean install of my system + the adobe package, but I didn't make much of a difference. I am able to import 4k ".mov" files to Premiere, though the same doesn't seem to be able to read them at the proper frame rate (or any other frame rate for that matter) lol.

As you guys mentioned above, hopefully they will get it sorted out soon .

Cheers guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem with ProRes MOV files from Blackmagic Hyperdeck, it's probably the same encoder ...

This is file information:

General

Complete name :E:\Capture0001.mov
Format :QuickTime
Format/Info :Original Apple specifications
File size :82.3 GiB
Duration :1 h 53 min
Overall bit rate mode :Variable
Overall bit rate :104 Mb/s
Encoded date :UTC 2017-12-02 01:05:23
Tagged date :UTC 2017-12-02 01:05:23
Writing library :Apple QuickTime

Video

ID :1
Format :ProRes
Format version :Version 0
Format profile :422 LT
Codec ID :apcs
Bit rate mode :Variable
Bit rate :85.1 Mb/s
Width :1 920 pixels
Clean aperture width :1 888 pixels
Height :1 080 pixels
Clean aperture height :1 062 pixels
Display aspect ratio :16:9
Clean aperture display aspect ratio :16:9
Frame rate mode :Constant
Frame rate :25.000 FPS
Color space :YUV
Chroma subsampling :4:2:2
Scan type :Interlaced
Scan type, store method :Interleaved fields
Scan order :Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) :1.642
Stream size :67.6 GiB (82%)
Writing library :bmd1
Language :English
Color primaries :BT.709
Transfer characteristics :BT.709
Matrix coefficients :BT.709
matrix_coefficients_Original :BT.709

Audio

ID :2
Format :PCM
Format settings :Little / Signed
Codec ID :lpcm
Bit rate mode :Constant
Bit rate :18.4 Mb/s
Channel(s) :16 channels
Sampling rate :48.0 kHz
Bit depth :24 bits
Stream size :14.6 GiB (18%)
Language :English

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Good to know it also occurs with files from Hyperdeck. Also appreciate the file properties info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I forgot to mention that it happen on both MAC (OSX 10.14) and PC (WIN10 1803) platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, and may work for others using MacOS (ie, with the ability to encode to ProRes format) - drag the affected files into an older version of Adobe Media Encoder (not Media Encoder CC2019), and for Format, select "Quicktime", and Preset, select "Match Source (Rewrap)" - make sure "Increment file name if file exists" is turned off in Preferences, so the rewrapped files have the same name. Then select a new folder for your rewrapped files, and relink your files in Premiere CC2019 to the newly rewrapped files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for looking into this and providing this information!

For the files we have, QuickTime Rewrap also appears to be a possible workaround (for those with CC2018 (12.1.2) on Mac OS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trent,

you provide instructions on how to revert back to cc2018 I did a complete clean install so I don’t even have older versions of cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everybody for your feedback. And thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Throwing my hat in the mix, this isn't exclusive to just the ProRes files from Blackmagic Video Assists, I have DNxHD clips in MOV wrappers shot on a 7" Video Assist with the same issue since the update, working on a PC. Don't know if it's been mentioned but it's persistent across the CC suite, not just Premiere.

Small clip for reference: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eiJcDhMgG9Zy0qNt3bnx0vnDfVYGl2VR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Red Planet Pictures,

Same here too. Experienced the same problem for some files in AE as well. The difference is that I am on a Mac instead of a PC.

Another little bug I also caught in Premiere, that's been happening here as well, is when you change your "Playhead Position" to "Fames" instead of "Time", for some reason it doesn't allow you to go back like before "cmd+click". Tried a good few tricks, but nothing seems to allow me to revert it back to what it was.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Your info and file have been added to the report for further investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Blackmagic files should now be fixed in Premiere Pro 13.0.1 that was just released. Make sure to delete your Media Cache first, then launch and import files in 13.0.1.

Notable fixes in 13.0.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue seems to be resolved in Premiere Pro 13.0.1 and Media Encoder 13.0.1. Thank you. I assume an update will be made to After Effects soon as well? I has the same problem as PP19 and ME19 had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, After Effects will also have this fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines