• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy Project To New Drive

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may have been asked before, however I can't seem to find the answer.

I am very new to Premiere Pro and have a MacBook Pro and iMac. If I start working on a project on say my MacBook Pro and want to then continue working on it on my iMac, I would expect to simply to be able copy the folder along with all the files to an external hard drive then over to the iMac.

However when I copy the folder and files onto the external drive and if I open the project and look at the Properties of the assets they are still point to the MacBook Pro.

Is there a quick way to relink all the assets to the new destination drive (iMac)?

I have also tried collecting the project using the Project Manager however the folder structure isn't copied over, resulting in all of the files being in one single folder.

Am I missing something completely simply here?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Thanks Mo, I believe my problem is that I was opening the project from my external drive which was still attached to the MacBook Pro where the project originally resides.

I deleted the project from the MacBook Pro then opened it from the external drive, and upon opening Premiere Pro informed me that the files were missing. All I had to do was relocate one file and Premiere Pro found the remaining files.

So, I am guessing that forgetting that I deleted the project from the MacBook Pro and simply co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick

Here is a thread that should help you with your query

Moving Premiere project to new PC inc. cache files (.cfa, .pek, etc.)

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mo, I believe my problem is that I was opening the project from my external drive which was still attached to the MacBook Pro where the project originally resides.

I deleted the project from the MacBook Pro then opened it from the external drive, and upon opening Premiere Pro informed me that the files were missing. All I had to do was relocate one file and Premiere Pro found the remaining files.

So, I am guessing that forgetting that I deleted the project from the MacBook Pro and simply copying it from the external HD to my iMac that upon opening the project I would get the same missing files message.

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pleasure Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI Nick

If you need to move ALL files including cache files etc use this method between machines.

It is very reliable

Go to File->Project Manager

You will see an option thats says Collect Files and copy to new location. Next to this you will see :

a) Include Audio Conform Files

b) Include Preview Files

Screen+Shot+2018-11-30+at+2.05.54+PM.png

Best of luck

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mo, the problem with that option though is that the folder structure will is not maintained, so all files end up in a single folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nick next project maybe change the workflow and concentrate a little on initial project management to avoid issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines