Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio i have edited on timeline doesn't match my exported file

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a problem that is driving completely insane!! I have audio files that were recorded separately to my video and they are voiceovers in .WAV format. I edit them perfectly on my time line and when i export, the final product is different to the timeline in that the start or end of the audio speech is cut off. I look back on the timeline and its still perfect??? Is this something to do with my export or sequence settings???

Also, equally irritating, sometimes when i'm editing the start or end of the audio to perfectly start the speech, I finish it and literally two minutes later i can go back and it has automatically changed itself without me touching that track section whatsoever!!

Please please please help me find a solution some how??

Thanks

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too few details here so i can only guess, but make sure that the timeline is set to 48000 Hz and that your recorded audio is 48000 Hz and export to 48000 Hz as well. Mixing sample rates/bit depths of the audio can lead to similar issues.

Use Adobe Audition to convert from let´s say 96000 Hz to 48000 Hz. Look for Convert Sample Type of just load the file/s and press F11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Averdahl.

Yes you are correct. I think i need to convert mine from 96000 Hz to the 48000 Hz. I'll give it a go and fingers crossed that fixes it.

Is there a quicker way in AU to change multiple at the same time or must i do them individually?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the 'Batch process' in Audition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i need to convert mine from 96000 Hz to the 48000 Hz. I'll give it a go and fingers crossed that fixes it.

Please report back with your findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a duplicate of your sequence to test with and try Step 2G below.  Report back.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim.

I will try this if Averdahls way doesn't work but there are quite a few to check so it would be labour intensive.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you add any effects to the audio tracks?

Premiere frequently can't handle that... it can't handle audio effects from within it's own program, and the export will be out of sync where the playback is fine... Adobe is too busy developing their next new program that no one needs, or asked for, to solve this or any of the other bugs that exist in their programs that people actually use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Yes I added a few but nothing major. This would be terrible from Adobe if it cannot handle it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what did you apply? i would think that would be the problem more than whatever this NPC ACP is talking about. As far as I know if the timeline is working there should be no reason the export should be different than the timeline even if the audio bit rate is different.

I've only seen this behavior from Premiere when either using pitch shifter or automatic noise reduction... in short, Premiere can't accurately export some effects so it cranks out a messed up render instead of canceling itself, failing, or god forbid, just working as it's intended to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines