• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD - Unable to create new project

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I just downloaded the latest adobe XD 10.0.42.14. Seems to work great until I want to create a new project.

Nothing happens when I click on the 4 presets (iPhone/iPad/Web/Custom Size). The "Begin Tutorial" button is the only thing that works.

I'm using macOS version 10.14 with a Adobe for Enterprise license.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Hi, everyone-

Can you please also share your version of Creative Cloud Sync? You can find this information:

1. Launch the Creative Cloud desktop application
  2. Click the ... button in the upper right hand corner
  3. Select "Preferences"
  4. Navigate to the "Creative Cloud" tab
  5. Select the "Files" tab

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 5.22.07 PM.png

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded the app to 13:1.32.8 and now it works. Guess that will do for the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a little confused here. In your initial post, you said that you were using 10.0.42.14, and then you said that you downgraded to 13.1.32.8.  If that were right, you must have upgraded, not downgraded.

Also, the latest version released this week is 14.0.42.14. If it's available to you, and you want to upgrade, I suggest upgrading and letting us know if you are still facing issues.  See what's new in this release Latest features | Adobe XD CC

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you're hitting this issue! Were you getting any errors when that happens, or was it just dead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for reply,

I weren't getting any errors. The clicks would just appear "dead".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! I had another person have the same issue, and he had a workaround:

• Open any existing local project
  • Save As with the destination to "Cloud Documents"
  • Launch XD's home screen again and try to create a new document

He reported it worked for him. If you have a chance (and have the time), we'd love to grab logs from you so that we can fix the fundamental problem. Let me or Preran​ know if you're open to that!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same issue. You can get logs from me. What should I do for that to happen?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the solution that worked for me. Tried all the others (deleting the sync folder etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, that didn't work for me either.
I guess I've tried it all.

I have Rebooted a couple of times.
I have completely removed the CC installation using NOT the build in the uninstaller (as it wouldn't let me uninstall it) but a separate uninstaller from Adobe. So I started off from a clean slate and reinstalled everything.
Still I can't create new files. Nor can I copy an existing document and save it to the cloud as I get an error message telling me to restart the app. 
For some reason I'm stuck with the old sync version 4.0.0.46 but with the difference that I'm now able to tick the Creative Cloud Sync checkbox. That doesn't help though.

I've also tried, a couple of times, to both rename and throw away the cloud sync folder without success.

I am om a Mac with MacOS 10.14.2 (18C54) installed, aka Mojave and I'm using an enterprise account/login if that for any reasons could have anything to do with it.

Any other ideas?

sync.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay - I just got back from holiday.

We're trying to track down the bug, and I would love to get logs from you so that we can actually fix the problem. I do have a workaround for you that will force an upgrade, which I'll message to you privately.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi elainecc​ how can I send you my log in private?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should upload the file to a file sharing system like Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link to me via private message. You can hover over my avatar and select "Message" to send me a private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej

Just sent you a PM.

Curious about that workaround though 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting Adobe Sync folder and then let it update. Its solved the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There, finally I got it to work.

1. I deleted the Adobe sync folder

2. I restarted the Mac

3. CC started up but still it didn't work though. So, I restarted the the Creative Cloud app

4. And finally it started updating itself and now I have the latest version.

5. The end

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard of 3 of my customers/collegues having the exact same issue these days with the latest XD Version on A mac…

Also on my own MacBookPro… Not even cmd+N is working. After 5 minutes all the clicked files are created in one step.

XD 14.0.42.14

MacOS 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue today where a click on the icons did not work. I restarted XD and they worked again.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarted XD and machine but problem still there. Didn't use the above solution yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please confirm your Creative Cloud Sync version? I have instructions further up in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine isn't the latest version, and I have the same problem.

How do I get it / force it to update? I just reinstalled CC app but the sync version didnt change.
Connected to a WFIF network that is not my work corporate network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, tried all advice in this post so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 10.0.42.14, typo mistake from me. I meant 14.0.42.14.

Ok, so today I reinstalled the app to try the latest version again. Same problem appears.

I followed elaineccs 3 steps without any success unfortunately.

I'm open to share the logs. What do I need to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone-

Can you please also share your version of Creative Cloud Sync? You can find this information:

1. Launch the Creative Cloud desktop application
  2. Click the ... button in the upper right hand corner
  3. Select "Preferences"
  4. Navigate to the "Creative Cloud" tab
  5. Select the "Files" tab

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 5.22.07 PM.png

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow ok. I'm running Creative Cloud Sync 2.4.3.114 for some reason.

Screenshot 2018-12-20 at 17.22.31.png

I'm guessing that I'll have to update this somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoaaaaaa yeah. In the "General" primary tab, do you have "Always keep Creative Cloud desktop up to date" checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines