• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes Not Showing Up In Preview or Published Site

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made some simple changes to my website - added some text in a text frame that has been working fine for two years, and added text links in a frame already populated with text links.  When I published them, the changes did not appear.  At first I thought it was a cache issue, but other changes I had made showed up.  I cleared the cache and still no luck.

So I went back to muse to see if the changes at least showed up in preview mode to ensure I wasn't somehow uploading the wrong files as well as eliminating the cache theory as a possibility.  The changes, visible in design mode, did not exist in preview mode. After exporting the html files, the preview site exporting generates did not have the changes. As an experiment, I deleted all the text in the text frame, which was everything on the page that was not master-page content.  I saved the site and then went into preview mode; all the original page content was still there, as if I had not deleted it.  It seems that there is nothing I can do to change the content on this page. I've deleted all the export files, so the file saves in a clean folder, but still no changes will show up in anything other than design view.  The design view shows no text whatsoever; the preview shows the same text it's had for 2 years.

This has completely baffled me. How can I delete the text entirely, save, preview that page in preview mode and that text still be there?

Here is the page I'm talking about: White Mountain Foods Thank You Pagehttp://www.wmfoods.com/thankyou.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. Figured it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same issue ! did you find a way around it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

piixy  schrieb

I am having exactly the same issue ! did you find a way around it?

Tell us some more, please. A link, a screenshot. There are so many reasons why something may not work as intended.

Is it your browser cache, did you upload everything or changes only, did you delete everything from the ftp manually and republished, how did you publish, …, …, …?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meleagar  schrieb

Here is the page I'm talking about: White Mountain Foods Thank You Pagehttp://www.wmfoods.com/thankyou.html

I checked today your site and additionally I found on your HOME some elements my stay outside the canvas and is able to get scrolled to the left side:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-20 um 07.31.23.png

I recommend to check this out.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines