• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export bitrate settings don't match results

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have footage that comes in around 100 mbps out of an a7iii. When I export a sequence out of premiere h.264 using high-quality preset for ultra uhd, the bitrate states 80 mb/s.

After render it out I check it and it's around 15 mb/s.

Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have old CS6 stuff, but it has variable bit rate or constant. It has two pass or one pass VBR. I think I messed around with that a long time ago. If I set to VBR one pass, but moved sliders to same bitrate ( minimum, maximum ) I think it got closer.

Normally I just ended up using presets and leaving at default settings, and looked at quality of image and sound, in general.

hope it looks nice even if it is lower bit rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of your export settings summary, like this example below:

ME Export settings.png

How are seeing the bitrate of the exported file?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so 29 seconds times 80Mbps should result in about a 290 MB file (note MB {Megabytes} - not Mb {Megabits}).

What are you getting?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

export_settings.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know why you are getting this result. Someone else will have to help. I don't export in CBR H.264 so don't have any experience to judge this by.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's virtually the same results using one pass variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have "Use previews" checked on the export panel?
What about "use maximum render quality"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaelr,

Still having trouble with this? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Kevin

I still having same problem, the result files always lower than 50mbps when i verify after exported , no matter how lager number i set.

does there any optimizing to make the final exporting not too large when we use h.264 in premiere? and can we close that?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Stamker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It solved! The "key frame distance" must be 1! then the bitrate will be similar between setting and the result!

thank you all of you guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem in all versions, at the first render everything is ok, then it goes down. "key frame distance" must be 1 - does not help, how else can I try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem in all versions, at the first render everything is ok, then it goes down. "key frame distance" must be 1 - does not help, how else can I try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue, my raw footage is 100mbsp bitrate and once I export with h.264 I can get a max of 50mbsp bitrate.

But now I so that if I select from Encoding Settings the Level:5.1 and I use the VBR, 2pass Bitrate Settings I can get around 90mbps wich looks better to me! 

If you found another way to do it let me know pls, cos I'm also looking to export for tv or notbook view and not internet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, It's limited to 50 Mbs with H264 because of the Level parameter. In the video tab, unlock the level parameter in encoding settings section. Try 5.1. I encourage you to look after the H264 table to choose the correct level depending on the size of the video you want to encode. Give a try to H265 and look at it's caracteristics. It has been developed for 4k encoding ( and other stuff ). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem ...

there is something wrong with .mp4 (H.264 or H.265) export

my file not  even going above 10mbps

any solution yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The H.264/5 exporting out of Premiere is not a precise thing in a number of ways. I know that many editors will do a finals out of Premiere in something like a DNx, Cineform, or ProRes format/codec, then take that into HandBrake, ShutterEncoder, or ffmpeg, to get specific detailed settings nailed down.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same on Filmora 12 (I know), I target 105mbps but can never get above 66mbps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines