Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoding Proxies - TAKING FOREVER! 😫

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

First time to the forums as I'm a new Premiere Pro user, although not new to editing or NLE's.

I have come mainly from FCP7 and FCPX then to PP CC 2019. My issue is with creating proxies and the time it is taking, I'll list all specs of my machine, files types and whatever else I can below.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27" 2017

Processor 3.5

40GB 2400 Mhz DDR4

Startup Disk Mactintosh HD

Graphics Radeon Pro 575 4096mb

The original files I am encoding:

Screenshot 2018-12-13 08.41.57.png

I am ingesting using:

Format - QuickTime

Preset: GoPro Cineform 1024 x 540.

Original files stored on a Lacie HDD and encoding proxies WERE originally going back to the same drive, but I was advised this would be bottle necking the process so I have sent them temporarily to my iMac's Fusion drive. This has sped things up but still VERY slow.

Total file size for encoding is 750GB, so yes I don't expect it to be lightening but its been at least two days and I'm not even half way!

Is this just down to my iMac not being up for the task?

Or something else?

I look forward to any guidance!

Thanks in advance.

GK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this trouble GK? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin, yes still very much having this issue. I had one very large file of 114GB take 32 hours to encode!

I have been told that Mojave is potentially a problem?

I did reinstall both Premiere Pro and Media Encoder but found that this initially gave me a speed increase in the process but it didn't last long.

So yes, any help would be amazing!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are exporting to a fast SSD connected by Thunderbolt 3. Working better? If not, try a different source format. Or is the camera recording those 444 files? Let us know.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to list the CPU model number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is my situation right now too. I am exporting back to my 2tb Lacie drive though so will change that to avoid bottleneck. In any case this is going on 24hrs and no business can afford this kind of time linefor just creating proxies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines