Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dull Colors in the Creative Cloud Libraries Panel

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gang,

I have a practice of creating a library of color swatches for each of my clients. I then add it to my Creative Cloud library and can use it across Illustrator, AE, Premiere etc.

I am perplexed, however, by how these swatches show up in Premiere. Not only are they dull and therefore not a reflection of the color but there is also no way to copy the HEX code. So, they are just a tease. The heck? Am I missing something? The swatch colors display fine in any other app.

dull swatches.PNG

I made this library in Illustrator in an RGB colorspace.

Premiere Pro Version 13.0

Windows 10

Many thanks,

Ari

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

They are dull because they are not active. This is not a bug but by design.

If you want to use colors from Ps you will have to make them into a Graphic. Those will show and can be selected by the eyedropper.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also no difference is made when I adjust the appearance of the UI. Lighter focus buttons etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are dull because they are not active. This is not a bug but by design.

If you want to use colors from Ps you will have to make them into a Graphic. Those will show and can be selected by the eyedropper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply Ann.

I used to create graphics such as the one you referenced but the swatch cc library is better and more streamlined IMO and works across systems/ users and can be updated etc. So, why exactly do they choose it to be dull like this in Premiere (whereas it does not appear as such anywhere else)? Can you please explain what you mean by "not active"?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not active: as they do not show the full color in Pr.

They did a few versions back, but Adobe changed that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ann+Bens  wrote

Not active: as they do not show the full color in Pr.

They did a few versions back, but Adobe changed that.

Still not entirely sure what that means or why that decision was made. Surely you agree that showing true colours would make more sense? I will fill out a wish request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. It should not be by design because that means it is a design flaw, as it does't work the best way for people to use them. This is a terrible UI design. It adds another step in creative process. You make a color scheme for a project, then you have to turn every color in you color scheme as a "graphic" to work in premiere? Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines