• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving Essential Graphics in Library

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldn't it be possible to save an Essential Graphics in a Library? In face, shouldn't they also be an item in the Project panel?

Am I missing something here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

In the Browse section of the EGP, is where you would do as I'd suggested, not on the mogrt on a clip.

The concept with the mogrts is to put them in Libraries ... you can create as many as you like, you can share them with collaborators, so they can be quite useful.

But at times, just using bins would be nice.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't right-click and copy/move them to a Library?

They should be able to work via Libraries, but can't be stored in a typical project file bin.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in CC 2018. Right click one on the timeline and "Copy" is an option, but no way to paste into the Library panel that I can tell. And "Move To" is not a context menu option.

Old-fashioned Titles can be stored in bins. And you can copy and paste Essential Graphics between projects, although on a big project that's, uh, suboptimal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Browse section of the EGP, is where you would do as I'd suggested, not on the mogrt on a clip.

The concept with the mogrts is to put them in Libraries ... you can create as many as you like, you can share them with collaborators, so they can be quite useful.

But at times, just using bins would be nice.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be a dufus. Here's the step I was missing: I needed to select my new or modified graphic, then choose "Export as Motion Graphics Template." Then my graphic appears in the Browse tab, from where I can save to a Library. Non-obvious, at least to me.

These are the only components I know of that don't get stored in a bin. That seems to violate the PP UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are still some frustrating little things like that, though if you work with mogrts much you don't forget them too often ...

The mogrts are a new graphic type of object in some ways, and the planned use of them conceptually is to store and share them via the Libraries. It has some very useful implications. Say you've got a company with all the proper fonts/color/graphics for the logo & main text. Someone gets the nifty idea to update the company "look" ... if those are in use by editors working from bins, you have to get into every editor's machine to get rid of the old ones.

But with a Library use, with a specified "company" library for such things, the person updating the company mogrt/logo items just updates them and saves them back with the same name in that shared library. That immediately replaces ALL the earlier one from the libraries. It doesn't change anything on an sequence ... unless you tell it to update the mogrts in use.

All new company logo mogrts made however will be made from the new ones without any editor needing to manually swap anything out.

Notice in the Library there are several things that aren't normally stored in bins.

It's a nifty idea and oft works well ... but not really in every use. Still, saving them to a library isn't that big a problem.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines