• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Defects in rendered footage

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing 1080p footage that was recorded with a Galaxy S9+.  When I go to render it I am getting the presence of either white or red bars randomly in the footage. 

Here is an example:

Kaya in Slow Motion - YouTube at ~49 seconds. 

When I render again the bars show up in different parts of the video, never the same part. 

I am rendering in 60.00fps and encountering problems.  I tried 59.94fps and I'm still having issues. 

My render settings:

render settings.JPG

The original file properties:

original file info.JPG

Is there anything obvious I should be changing that would prevent these errors from occurring in the rendered footage?

Thanks in advance,

Derek

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

The problem was my CPU.  I had recently upgraded my i7-6850k to a i7-6950x I bought on eBay (it is still under Intel warranty), and when I put my i7-6850k back in, all of my problems went away.  Now the rendered footage is flawless every time, and rendering never causes Premiere or my entire system to crash. 

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

When faced with similar issues, I try transcoding the source footage to an intermediate codec, like ProRes 422 and test with the new file. Try that and let us know the results.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortly after posting this I noticed that in the mediainfo program it shows that the original file has the "format profile" of High@L5.2.  So, I tried rendering the file again with these settings in case a mismatch of those settings somehow caused the issue:

render settings 2.JPG

Then the render paused at ~60% and I had no CPU useage whatsoever from Premiere Pro.  I looked in the destination folder and there was a video file with the name I had chosen.  I tried playing it and it didn't work.  I cancelled the render, deleted the file, and tried to render it again, only to receive this error. 

render error.JPG

But adobe also tells me it's not using hardware acceleration?

I restarted Premiere Pro, ran the render, and got a video file with one of these white bars at 0:03 .

Also I noticed in the mediainfo report it says the minimum frame rate is 120.321fps and the maximum frame rate is 241.287fps.  Is that an issue?  Shouldn't the file have one constant frame rate?

Kevin-Monahan,

I am working on transcoding the video, I've never done this before.  Do you use MPEG Streamclip?  I am trying to use that, but I don't think I can use ProRes 422 either because I'm on PC or because the footage is 240fps.  I'm not really sure which other codec to try.  I wish this was a built in feature of premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using MPEG Streamclip to use H.264 codec as a test run and the program crashed and created a 184kb video file that can't be played in any program.  I tried a few times with different settings and this was always the outcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your biggest issue is the footage being variable framerate: Premiere does not handles that very well even though it is supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you're right Ann Bens.  I've been trying to render this in a few different ways now.  I've tried different "time interpolation" settings.  The default was "frame sampling", then I tried "frame blending", and then "optical flow".  Frame blending increased the predicted render time and caused adobe to crash on almost every render.  One time I tried to use frame blending I got the blue screen of death.  Then optical flow worked one time and crashed all of the other times.  Premiere Pro crashes unlike any other program on my computer.  It just isn't opened anymore.  It is the strangest thing, no error message or anything, it's like I cancelled the render and clicked close. 

I'm about ready to post to android central asking what video editor can handle S9+ 240fps footage.  If premiere is going to be this stupid it's just not worth it.  I have to renew in about a month but I'll have this phone at least another two years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After giving up on getting a clean video file out of the Galaxy S9+ 240fps 1080p video, I tried editing some 4k 60fps footage.  I can remember editing this type of footage with zero problems, and I have old Premiere Pro projects where the source files are from my Galaxy S9+ and the output files are error-free.  However, today when I rendered some Galaxy S9+ 4K 60fps video, I got a very glitchy rendered file!

I know the Galaxy S9+'s photo and video recording app has updated a few times, and so has Adobe Premiere Pro.  What I did next points to changes in the Adobe Premiere Pro software causing this issue. 

I found a video project I rendered on August 27, 2018 with a previous version of Premiere Pro, and the file I rendered on August 27, 2018 is perfect with zero errors/defects/glitches.  I repeated the exact same render, using exactly the same settings, on the exact same PC, and I got a very glitchy rendered file.  There were horizontal white lines as well as freezes and colorful-static-looking artifacts in the footage. 

Did Adobe's update make it worse at editing variable frame rate footage?  Can I install a previous version of Adobe CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried installing Adobe Premiere Pro version 12.1.2.  It crashes when I try to import media. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some updates on this situation.

I installed Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 and rendered the same files I've been working with and writing about in this thread.  I got the same results as before, the white lines in some frames and sometimes other strange artifacts as well. 

Everything before this sentence referred to my desktop PC.  It is a ASUS X99-E-10G with a i7-6950x and a GTX 1080Ti. 

I tried installing the current version of Adobe Premiere Pro CC on my laptop, a Lenovo X1 Carbon.  I rendered the old video that I previously rendered on August 27, 2018, and much to my surprise, it produced a perfect video.  Also the rendering didn't take as long as I expected.  Then I tried the 240fps 1080p video, and again it was perfect.  Then the more recently recorded 4k 6ofps video, and it too rendered a defect-free file on my laptop. 

Then I noticed something, take a look at this cropped version of the render settings screenshot in my first post on this thread:

render settings - cropped.JPG

What I noticed here immediately was that I have two separate bitrate settings, but on my laptop I only have one:

hardware encoding is enabled.JPG

Then I noticed what I now think is what has been the issue all along.  On my desktop computer (first screenshot), Hardware encoding was disabled for some reason, and I was not able to enable it!  On the laptop (second screenshot) however hardware encoding is not enabled.  I think this might be the reason why it is rendering perfectly on my laptop, but having issues on my desktop. 

Any ideas on how to restore hardware encoding on my desktop PC?  I have the Nvidia graphics driver version 417.35.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was my CPU.  I had recently upgraded my i7-6850k to a i7-6950x I bought on eBay (it is still under Intel warranty), and when I put my i7-6850k back in, all of my problems went away.  Now the rendered footage is flawless every time, and rendering never causes Premiere or my entire system to crash. 

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with my go pro footage, looks fine in preview but not in timeline, rendered or not. The colors are missing, there are verticle color stripes, but my lumetri scopes show all is good. Until I upgraded to 13 I had not had any problems with the footage. My main video is HDCAM, H.264. go pro problems.JPGnew subsequence with scopes.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work ,try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you applied any color effect to that?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines