• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NVIDIA hardware rendering engine (CUDA) no long works with Premiere Pro 2019/AME and NVIDIA (P6000)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe says to download the most recent Nvidia drivers but Nvidia says my drivers (P6000) are up to date : result, I cannot use CUDA hardware rendering anymore in AME CC 2019 after installing Premiere 2019: how does one enable CUDA engine (as opposed to the software alternative)?

Renderer says : Choose Open CL or CUDA - but neither option is not available!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

What is the version number for your Nvidia driver? Premiere Pro CC2019 requires drivers that are Cuda 9.2 capable. You must download the latest driver from the Nvidia site.

As of this writing, the current Nvidia driver version for P6000 is 411.63. If your driver is less than 397, it likely does not support Cuda 9.2. Here is a link:

NVIDIA DRIVERS Quadro Desktop/Quadro Notebook Driver Release 410 WHQL

Driver updates from other sources may not be correct for CC2019. Let us know. Thanks.

- Andy, Prem

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the version number for your Nvidia driver? Premiere Pro CC2019 requires drivers that are Cuda 9.2 capable. You must download the latest driver from the Nvidia site.

As of this writing, the current Nvidia driver version for P6000 is 411.63. If your driver is less than 397, it likely does not support Cuda 9.2. Here is a link:

Driver updates from other sources may not be correct for CC2019. Let us know. Thanks.

- Andy, Premiere Pro Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it! It would be helpful if upon installing Pr 2019 a mention of the specific release could be made. I went to the Nvidia site and the link you cited was not amongst the search results. But problem solved! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad the driver update solved the issue. Thanks also for the driver info feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy, thank you for your feedback to Tom.

I have a Nividia Quadro 2000, based on research I enabled Quick Sync Video using the Intel Integrated Graphics Chip. That gave me a 15% improvement in H.264 encoding.

However, it looks as if I need to upgrade my External Graphics Card to a compatible one with your list below (e.g. Nividia Quadro P2000) to get GPU Render acceleration. I presume I can have Quick Sync Video from my Integrated Graphics Chip and GPU acceleration from my future external GPU (e.g. Nividia Quadro P2000)? Sadly my Integrated Graphics Chip is also not compatible with your CUDA compatible processor list.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

I also presume old techniques like using GPUSniffer.exe are dead now and this is the only game in town?

GPU not being used in Adobe Premiere 2018

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Peter_Sodhi:

If you are acquainted with the use of GPUSniffer.exe, you can use it in a command window that reports on the qualification of your GPU devices to accelerate Premiere. I do believe the P2000 is still going to pass - it did for me.

To be clear, QuickSync hardware acceleration is not the same as GPU acceleration. Depending upon the particular setup, both may require different drivers. I don't know what Intel Hardware acceleration you have, but it can pay to go to the Intel site and get the most recent Intel GPU driver. Here is an example for a popular one, HD Graphics 630:

Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10

Make sure to review the install instructions, as they have changed.

Here is a link to the current Nvidia driver for Quadro P2000 - that card, with this driver, should work with the current version of Premiere:

Let me know if that answers your questions, or if you need more clarification. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Andy appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Andy, I am still having issues and since jumping up to 2019 I am losing functionality with playback to external monitors (BM Intensity Pro) as well as on screen Program window viewing of my timeline playback.

I just moved up to latest CC2019 (13.1.2 - Build 9 ) and I have Nvidia K4200 on 411.95 driver.
Am I where I need to be?
Thanks in advance! - Darin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Quadro K4200 using the latest drivers (411.95), but I still get a software encoder when exporting.

The card is seen in the Project Settings/General/render preferences with a CUDA driver.

I even tried using the NVIDIA control panel to explicitly direct PPP CC 2019 to use the CUDA option.

So frustrating when a previously quick export, now takes 2 hours.

What else an I try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Mecury Acceleration greyed out in your Project settings?

If not, are you referring to the Export dialog Summary section where it might say "software encoding only" for H.264 exports?

Check in your preferences settings as there's an option for accelerated hardware encoding of H.264.

But in general that summary comment has nothing whatever to do with the GPU use. It only refers to whether or not the CPU is a newer one with the Intel QuickSync hardware in it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Project settings are fine, with Mercury GPU not greyed out in the Renderer section of the Project Settings.

The problem is in the Export Summary where output is Software Encoding. Scrolling down to Performance, it also says Software encoding. If I hover over that setting, it says Hardware Encoding Unavailable.

Where is the Preferences dialogue box that you refer to? I cannot see a reference to H264 encoding anywhere.

This was all working fine before the 2019 update.

Regards

Raymond

Pi Productions

vimeopro.com/user1799517/pi-productions

On ‎Wednesday‎, ‎2‎ ‎January‎ ‎2019‎ ‎06‎:‎16‎:‎23‎ ‎PM‎ ‎AEDT, R Neil Haugen <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

NVIDIA hardware rendering engine (CUDA) no long works with Premiere Pro 2019/AME and NVIDIA (P6000)

created by R Neil Haugen in Premiere Pro CC - View the full discussion

Is Mecury Acceleration greyed out in your Project settings?

If not, are you referring to the Export dialog Summary section where it might say "software encoding only" for H.264 exports?

Check in your preferences settings as there's an option for accelerated hardware encoding of H.264.

But in general that summary comment has nothing whatever to do with the GPU use. It only refers to whether or not the CPU is a newer one with the Intel QuickSync hardware in it.

Neil

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10842891#10842891 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10842891#10842891

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Pro CC by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To piprod:

Based on your answer here, the problem is not with the Cuda driver, but with the Intel Driver. If you had H.264 Hardware Encoding available in a previous version of Premiere, it may be that you need to upgrade the Intel driver. Go to the Intel website to to this, don't use the Intel updater or the automatic OS updater. Check for the current Intel graphics system on your computer, then look that up to find the most recent Intel driver.

To be very clear: CUDA GPU acceleration is not the same as H.264/H.264 Hardware encoding, and separate drivers are needed for each. Hope this is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy, thanks for the insight.  I just had my OS updated and I'm guessing that the drivers are what stopped my ability to export.  How do I go about finding my Intel driver on my HP workstation? 

Andy T2 wrote:
Based on your answer here, the problem is not with the Cuda driver, but with the Intel Driver. If you had H.264 Hardware Encoding available in a previous version of Premiere, it may be that you need to upgrade the Intel driver. Go to the Intel website to to this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, based on your GPU specs, it may be that you have a CPU that either lacks any integrated graphics whatsoever or is too old to be supported by Adobe's implementation of the hardware H.264 encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines