• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Iphone 8 plus videos are giving me a problem on premiere pro

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I import an iPhone 8 plus video, and I drag it onto the timeline, and its not able to be edited.  Whenever I drag the blue timeline arrow through the video to edit, and cut pieces of the video out, the video doesn't move along with the arrow as it should be, It just lags and shows the same frame of the video.  The video is a mov file and its 1.24 gb big? Please help!

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

I would go for Handbrake: it will take care of the vfr.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOV is a wrapper, what is inside YOUR wrapper - Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing - For Windows Internet Explorer press the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard, and then do CTRL-V to paste the screen print from the clipboard into a forum message

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

- when you analyze your file in MediaInfo and post a screen shot in the forum, do so in TREE view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By wrapper how do I check that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok is this what you wanted to see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcode the HEVC movie file in Adobe Media Encoder to a CODEC that’s good for editing.  If you’re using the latest Premiere Pro and Media Encoder, Apple ProRes422 (LT) is a great chioce for this.  If you’re using anything other than the latest release, then use GoPro Cineform 3.  Use the resulting file in Premeire Pro instead.

For future recordings, you can opt to not record to HEVC in the Camera settings of your iPhone (Settings > Camera > Format).  Based on what you posted for your file settings, you must be set to “High Efficiency” right now.  The other settings is “More Compatible” which records video to H264.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I transcoded it, and I ran into another issue!  So I transformed it and my video now glitches and just plays the first 12 seconds of the video, then stops and starts the first 12 seconds over and over again!? So the first12 seconds of the video are just replaying now on a loop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this solved, JavierA?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 2019 support HEVC but the file is variable framerate.

Your machine might not be able to handle H.265

What are your specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-check that Premiere Pro and Windows are up-to-date.  With the most recent versions of both, HEIC (h265) should play fine.

However...

Does the clip play as expected when viewed in the iPhone Photos app?

If it plays as expected in Photos, then something is probably corrupting the file while getting it from your iPhone to your computer.

Try adding it to an Adobe Rush project on your iPhone and check If it still plays as expected there (you may need to install Rush).  If so, try opening it in the desktop version of Adobe Rush (the project and the clip will sync via your Creative Cloud account and, again, you may need to install Rush).  If it plays as expected there, them open the Rush project in Premiere Pro (you don’t need to export or convert anything).

Doing this will take a little time, but you’ll have checked the clip along every step of the way and you’ll know for sure that the file being opened in Premiere Pro is the original (not something that was converted in the transfer process).

If the file is still not playing as expected, try import it into After Effects, check it frame by frame and try exporting it at Best Settings - Lossless.  (Over the years, I’ve had going through AE resolve iPhone video issues twice.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would go for Handbrake: it will take care of the vfr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the handbrake encoder and it fixed my iphone xs glitching issue in Premier Pro. It is a shame that Adobe media encoder doesn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMO there is no point in transcoding with AME if the footage is problematic in Premiere.

AME wont drop the glitches etc.

Handbrake is imo the best option, and it will take care of the variable framerate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out your computer specs to see if your OS can handle Premiere Pro 2019 (13.0.x)  - As Warren suggests.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

Your free Windows Media Player, on the same OS specs as this link also now supports and plays Quicktime Movies.

Please let us know if your OS is up to spec as I always try and solve the problem within an app and OS rather that start to transcode and/or start using 3rd apps and transcodes to solve a problem. Adds time and complexity.

Also, do you still have the media on your iPhone?

Did you import the media via the Media Browser Panel in Premiere Pro and enable Ingest>Copy with SD5 verification?

Importing via media browser is "Best Practice" as Premiere Pro reads the correct metadata of a file when importing.

If you still have the media on the phone, create a new project and import and Ingest>Copy, via Media Browser and check the results out.

Let me know what happens please.

Iphone 8 plus videos are giving me a problem on premiere pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the following:

Did you import the media via the Media Browser Panel in Premiere Pro and enable Ingest>Copy with SD5 verification?

Importing via media browser is "Best Practice" as Premiere Pro reads the correct metadata of a file when importing.

The Media Browser doesn't support direct import from an iOS device. 

Final Cut Pro X can import footage directly from an iOS device in its Import Media dialog box.  It would be great to see this in Premiere Pro.  In fact, this would be a great feature request (hmmm...).

On the Mac side, users can use AirDrop to send video recorded on an iPhone to a macOS computer (it goes to the Downloads folder) or the macOS Image Capture application to drag and drop still or video from the iPhone or use that application's Import/Import All button.  iMovie or Final Cut Pro X can also be used, but then you have to go digging for the clips in the Finder.

For what it's worth, I've found Image Capture to be the most reliable over the years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just created the feature request to show iPhones in the Media Browser.

If interested, please follow this link and vote for it:

Show iOS devices in the Media Browser for Import like Final Cut Pro X and iMovie – Adobe video & aud...

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Videos recorded with an iPhone Xs Max fail to play properly on Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019, while any other video player on Windows play these files perfectly.

No solution so far, other than using Handbrake to convert the files to a different format before importing them into Premiere, which is very annoying as the number of files I work with on a consistent basis is quite high.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doctordi, now that ProRes encoding is available on Windows, I highly recommend that you transcode to Apple ProRes 422 (LT).  Yes, it's an extra step and 1920x1080 footage will require about 700Mb/minute of storage space, but it should minimize your playback hassles.  If you go this route, it'll be worth creating a custom Sequence setting set to Quicktime Apple ProRes 422 (LT) for your previews as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, the OP will return with a firm solution or workaround. My feeling is that users will have to transcode HEVC footage to work with it. That said, the team is aware of the performance limitations of this format and is working on a solution right now.

In that regard, I have turned this into more of a discussion than a question since the OP has not returned.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines