• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos in Parent folder but not in subfolders

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making my first earnest attempt at organizing my photos. I am one of those unfortunate ones who got shafted by Apple after using Aperture since its inception. Needless to say, I have a lot of pictures that are in limbo. Time to get them organized into LR.

I am organizing by geography as a parent folder. Then I am using subfolders to further differentiate events and locations within that region. I have been dragging folders as a whole into a parent location to create a subfolder.

Things were going well until I realized in one parent folder, I have 1253 pictures. The total number of pictures in the subfolders is 679. Therefore, I somehow managed during a drag/drop (or two) to put pictures into the parent folder, even though I made an attempt to organize into subfolders. Not really sure how I managed to be so clever, but I suppose it doesn't really matter at this point, does it? The deed is done.

How can I determine the pictures located in the parent folder, that are not contained in one of the subfolders? Is there a simple method to "display those not in a subfolder"?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. In the Library module, go to the Library menu item and uncheck "Show Photos in Subfolders". Now any parent folder that has no photos in the actual folder (i.e. they're all in sub-folders) will show a 0 photo count. So the parent folder that you think has a lot of photos in it will show that number. Select that parent and ONLY the photos in the root of that parent will be displayed in the grid, so you can then drag and drop them into the correct sub-folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jim+Wilde  wrote

In the Library module, go to the Library menu item and uncheck "Show Photos in Subfolders".

This is answered.   My mistake was thinking it was in the preferences area of the app.   It is under the Library Menu, when you are in the Library module.  Simple find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines