• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug in for PP for color replacment

Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to change a color on one of my clips. Can someone recommend a good plug in to achieve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all clear what you're doing. Some more specific information is needed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm tried to isolate and change a color in a video clip in PP. I realized PP is not well equipped for this type of color work so I made the change in Aftereffects. 

DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lumetri can do a ton of major color work ... especially with the new curves as mentioned by Resh.

Here's a set of shots ... first, off-camera ... then neutralized (always the first step) ... then with another instance of Lumetri, just using the curves panels, an orange & teal "action movie" or "blockbuster" sort of Look.

Lumetri Begin.PNG

Lumetri Neutral.PNGLumetri Orange and Teal.PNG

I changed a whole bunch of hues with the O&T Look ... and this is fairly mild.

As noted, the HSL keyer in the HSL panel in Lumetri can also do a very good job ... you need to futz with creating the key, start with just the color selected via eyedropper from the image, with both Sat and Luma un-checked. Adjust the center of the range of hue selected, width of range, and fall-off with the appropriate triangles in the UI. (Using say the "Color/Gray" option to show the key while setting it is necessary of course. Uncheck after you have a good key.)

Add in Saturation and/or Luma controls if you need to refine things further.

Add a bit of denoise and blur to get a cleaner playback with less chatter or noise in the image.

Then use the color wheel below the keyer to push your color where you want it to go.

There's also a "Color Replace Effect" in Pr's Effects panel ... type "replace" in the search box, drag/drop onto the clip, you get this in the ECP:

"Target color" eyedropper is used to select the color of the image you want to change, and you can use either the eyedropper to select a color from the image or the box to select any color available to change that target color into.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the links but these tutorials are done on a Mac machine and and do not translate on my Windows 10 machine. For some reason, I cannot get this tool to work on Windows. I can, however, make color changes in Aftereffects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indie767,

There is a tool for this in Premiere 2019. It is part of the Lumetri Color effect under "Curves." Under there you will see some straight lines with lables such as "Hue vs. Sat(uration)" "Hue vs. Hue" and "Hue vs. Luma."

If you haven't used these, all you do is use the eye dropper above the line's window and select the color you want to change from the program monitor. It will place three dots on the line. The center dot represents your color. You may have to use the scroll bar under the line to center the three dots.

Then simply hold the "Shift" key and move the center dot up and down. The first curve will add or subtract saturation based on the color you picked. The second will shift hue and the third will add or subtract luma. Best just to mess with them and try it. You can add dots to smooth transitions as well.

You should be able to pinpoint whatever color you need and make it into anything you want.

There are great tutorials out there, just search Selective Color in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 Lumetri color or something like that and you should find one.

Hope this gets you closer to an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indie767  wrote

Thanks for the links but these tutorials are done on a Mac machine and and do not translate on my Windows 10 machine. For some reason, I cannot get this tool to work on Windows. I can, however, make color changes in Aftereffects.

Lumetri works exactly the same on Windows.

The only difference is the tutorial is from 2017 as meanwhile Lumetri UI change somewhat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines