• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording Audio Problems

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've watched all the tutorials and have gone through the audio I/O setup. My Rode NT USB mic configures properly.  The audio mixer has the red record lights on yet I can't don't get a VU meter signal.  Please help.  Thanks, Ron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to 'arm' the track you wish to record to ...

On the Track mixer, right below the "Read: options, click the R for the track you wish to record onto, then click the red button at the bottom of the Track Mixer panel, then hit Spacebar to start moving ... and you are recording immediately. A red "Recording ..." bar will be showing at the bottom of the Program monitor.

Or ... in the track header for the sequence, on the track you wish to record onto, click the mic button, then it should start recording from about 3 seconds before where the play-head/CTI started.

You get meter signal after you start recording.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.  I've tried all your suggestions.  Please see the attached screen capture to see what I'm doing.  Still not recording.  Please help.   Ron

On Saturday, January 5, 2019, 5:20:46 PM EST, R Neil Haugen <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Recording Audio Problems

created by R Neil Haugen in Premiere Pro CC - View the full discussion

You have to 'arm' the track you wish to record to ...

On the Track mixer, right below the "Read: options, click the R for the track you wish to record onto, then click the red button at the bottom of the Track Mixer panel, then hit Spacebar to start moving ... and you are recording immediately. A red "Recording ..." bar will be showing at the bottom of the Program monitor.

Or ... in the track header for the sequence, on the track you wish to record onto, click the mic button, then it should start recording from about 3 seconds before where the play-head/CTI started.

You get meter signal after you start recording.

Neil

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10850717#10850717 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10850717#10850717

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Pro CC by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the screen capture didn't come through. Try drag/drop onto your reply box from the browser in your computer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Sunday, January 6, 2019, 5:52:02 PM EST, R Neil Haugen <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Recording Audio Problems

created by R Neil Haugen in Premiere Pro CC - View the full discussion

Unfortunately the screen capture didn't come through. Try drag/drop onto your reply box from the browser in your computer.

Neil

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10852042#10852042 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10852042#10852042

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Pro CC by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the below assumes you have a mic that Pr is recognizing. So having your Preferences/Audio Hardware dialog set up properly is the first thing to do. So ... work with the settings there until they work. For me, typically it's been Default Input to the mic input for my computer, and output to Speakers. Though I've started using an app that allows me to run the mic into Audition, have processing set up using the Dynamics and Parametric Equalizer to normalize, compress, cut noise, and limit top end levels and then get that processed sound into Pr. Which is spiffy.

Also ... working with the mic in Audition, you can see the vu meters anytime sound goes into the mic. Which makes it easier to check your levels before recording as there is no way in Pr to do that. But it's not necessary ... I'd always just recorded and adjusted the mixer level a bit while talking to get proper 'base' settings then normalized the track after recording.

Here's a graphic or two ... first, using the Track mixer.

Note the 1, 2, and 3 in red: Click the R button of the track you wish to record to so that it's red ... then click the red button at the bottom of the track mixer so that it has the little blue line around it ... then click the "play" arrow at the bottom of the Track Mixer. At that point, there should be "Recording ... " in red at the bottom of the program monitor and you keep talking.

AFTER you stop recording, the sound media will appear on the track you selected.

Or ... easier ... click the microphone in the track header of the track you wish to record onto and recording should start instantly, again ... appearing after you've stopped the CTI with the spacebar.

Note ... no audio appears yet ... but after stopping the CTI with spacebar, it doth appear ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right on, R Neil. Great visual. Follow those 3 steps illustrated in your Graphic. I also use the RODE NT mic and it works great with Premiere. After you go to Preferences > Audio Hardware  and select the RODE NT as the input, I have a breakdown of how I record in this tutorial starting at 8:38

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest also if you can check the Audio channel mapping inside the preferences and the Audio Hardware selections in the preferences

best

Ayman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, my mapping is correct. Can you call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx?  I will pay if required, thanks, Ron

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Personal Info removed by moderator. Please don't share personal details on the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines