• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu Lable Control

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally my questions are what I consider pretty easy to answer; but this time my question is more intermediate to advanced in nature.  I'm not fully sure if it can be answered at my skill level.  I have super basic HTML understanding but nothing beyond that.

Problem:  I have a menu listing that I want to display in TWO colors:  Example: Surveys Required Reading

The reason why this is desired is that on this webpage are a series of caveats and conditions that need to be presented up front so that the visitor knows what is being expected and what experience they will have.  Kinda like transparency in use philosophy.  I could also go on to denote pages that have been updated (Page Name Updated)

As far as I know ... ... there is no widget for Muse that provides simplified survey development and response which is the fundamental reason for me taking this route.

1) is this even possible in Muse to do?
2) Can anyone in the Muse community guide in simplified terms about how it can be done (presume if can be done)?  I.E.  Offering a script example and where to put it.

Peter Kelley, St Paul, MN USA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> „Can anyone in the Muse community guide in simplified terms about how it can be done"

Perhaps. If you tell us in "simplified terms“, what you want to achieve. Please be aware, that you are posting in an international forum, and not everybody – including me – has native speaker capabilities.

In short words: I think, I don’t really understand, what you are looking for and what you want to achieve …

But …

• if you are looking for differently coloured menu entries: This of course is possible.
  • If you are looking for (temporarily) renaming menu entries without renaming the page: This is possible as well.
  • If you are looking for multicoloured menu entries without renaming the page: This is possible if you create a manual menu system:

Screen_01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To complete my last post:

• If you are using a standard menu, the text label is not editable directly in layout mode, because the label is automatically taken from the page name, you entered in plan mode. You may enter whatever name in the „Name“ field (in plan mode or under „Page Properties/Options“. But take care: If you want to use special character in your page name, please deselect the option „Same as Page Name“ for your file name in the „Page Properties“ panel. Servers don’t like special characters (ÖöÄäÜü?)) in filenames.
  • If you want one menu label to be shown in a different color, go to layout mode, select the menu item (click onto the item until in the upper left corner of Muse’s application window „menu item“ is displayed), open its configuration panel (the small white arrow within the blue circle to the right of the menu element) and deselect the option „Edit together“. Now you can individually modify the menu attributes. To change the font the size or the font color, select the menu item click once onto the „Text“ tool and change the colour – if you want Ppply different attributes in all different menu states (normal, rollover, mouse down, active).
  • If you need a multi coloured menu entry, you have to „unlink“ the menu label from your page name. This is possible by selecting the menu, opening its configuration panel and choosing „Menu Type: Manual“. Now you can change the menu label and/or its text directly in layout mode without changing a page name. In this case you can create the most ugly multi color, multi sized and/or multi font faced menu labels:

Screen_01.jpg

In case of using a manual menu please don’t forget, to assign the correct page to it by using the „Hyperlinks“ option in Muse’s upper control strip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines