• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC continuously crashes and needs repair

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator,  and Lightroom, all keep crashing and freezing my Mac! The CC app constantly needs repair and never can fix itself. The issues have intensified over the past few days to the point that I have wasted more time reinstalling the app and trying to open the programs than I have spent getting any work done. If I am lucky enough to get one of the programs to open, it crashes before I can get anything done. I have had to reboot my computer at least four times today alone!  I have never been so disappointed in a product. I miss CS6…

Any help with a solution would be appreciated even if it's the best way to uninstall and go back to CS6…

Kelly

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you provide more detail regarding the problems you are having it might be possible to direct you to some helpful information.

Forum Success Guide: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-5601

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ned,

First, thank you for the response. Obviously I am beyond frustrated.

Although this is happening with more than one program, I will use InDesign as an example. I have been having the most issues with that program. When I click on the shortcut to open the program, it takes 2 or 3 minutes before the splash screen opens up. It takes 4-5 minutes, sometimes longer, for the program to open, if at all. When it does open, it takes another 3-5 minutes for the file menu to be usable. When I open a file it takes a few minutes to load the file and then I get one of any number of errors. The most recent attempts were met with "Cannot add data to the "Font Mask Cache" error code 6." The box continues to reopen no matter how many times I close it until I either force quit the program or I get "Error: Adobe InDesign is shutting down due to a serious error…" and it shuts itself down.

The times mentioned are an average from my three attempts to open the program today.

I also get the error about the Adobe CC App needing repair fairly often no matter which program I am attempting to open. That particular error has occurred at least once or twice a day for the past few weeks. The other issues are more recent.

I'm not sure if I should uninstall everything and start over. Is it best to remove previous versions of the software? I have one version back on my most my used programs, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, etc.

I am on a Mac and using MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.2.

Thank you,

Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Adobe manager, and have had it for probably about a year - it crashes and says it needs to be repaired. Sometimes the repair will work, at other times I would have to download and reinstall it. This takes quite a bit of time and it is annoying, and in the meantime Photoshop and Lightroom don't start. This happens almost every time I restart my computer. I am on Mac. It is f*cking annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BEYOND frustrating I have just deleted ALL my apps and installing them again after the last few months of "repairing" the creative cloud only to have the programs slow to the point of not being able to use anything other application. I have a new iMac so it's not the computer. You should see how fast everything is when I took off all the programs LOL

Fingers crossed they fix it otherwise... I will just be miserable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this exact same problem. Have a brand new iMac 5k. Adobe keeps crashing everything, causing other programs to "not respond" and I have to reinstall adobe creative cloud over and over again. pretty frustrating when you have thousands of photos to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines