• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export as jpeg 60x80 inch

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to export as a jpeg 60x80 inch and it didn't work at 300 dpi.  I shrunk it to 15x20 but I'm worried it will pixelate when printed 60x80.   The adobe illustrator information I read said u could make something as big as a billboard, so what do I need to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you export a JPEG for printing? Won't PDF work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank u but under file / export as I can't find Pdf.  do u make pdfs a different way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to File > Save As… or Save a Copy… . Near the bottom of the window is a Format menu, where you may select Adobe PDF. Click Save, and the following window allows you to set PDF options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a photo blanket at walmart and they only take jpeg.  I tried pdf, png, and tif and they wont allow it.  I can't figure out how to make jpegs more than 300 dpi and my file is 15 x 20 inch with the end print size 60 x 80 inch.  What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your AI file in Photoshop and let Photoshop rasterize it to the desird size.

But for a blanket (= printed on fabric) 300 ppi would be overkill most probably anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have photoshop so I settled for a 60x80 jpg at 225 dpi.  Now I'm trying to enlarge this file from 20x20 inch to 80x80 inch for the second photo blanket.  I created a 80x80 inch file and placed the smaller jpg into it.  But now when I hold shift and pull the corner it doesn't stretch the image like I can always do.  Instead it moves the entire artboard around.  Here's a pic.  How do I stretch the image to fill the artboard?Jan 08 2019 01-53-51PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears you have the Artboard Tool active. Try the Scale tool (keyboard shortcut is the “S” key).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't imagine anyone would use JPEG for such a large print format, except in very special cases (such as a pure photograph with no text or design additions, which you wouldn't use Illustrator for anyway).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export it at 1/4 the size but 4 times the resolution since Illustrator has limited size.

Example 15 X 20 at 1200dpi.

If it doesn't work try the TIFF format with LZW compression.

Then resize without resampling​ in Photoshop to it's intended size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lhemz0527  schrieb

Export it at 1/4 the size but 4 times the resolution since Illustrator has limited size.

Example 15 X 20 at 1200dpi.

If it doesn't work try the TIFF format with LZW compression.

Then resize without resampling in Photoshop to it's intended size.

No.

If you really think you need a raster format, then let Photoshop open your PDF (or the AI file saved with PDF compatibility) and raster it. Photoshop can do higher resolutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to use 300ppi at 100% in grand format.  The file should be scaled down, yes, but use a raster document setting of 300ppi ( High ) at 15 x 20.  Then convert to PDF.  Tell the billboard company to enlarge the PDF 400% in the RIP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We print everything as eps, pdf, or tiff

max 150dpi for tifs and that's at full scale. Sometimes as low as 50dpi . example 60 x 80 = approx 316MB

Rules of thumb

1. all vector AND no gradients = eps or pdf print

2. all vector WITH gradients = pdf print or tif

3. mix of raster and vector = rgb tiff

4. 3rd party files that will not come in properly go right to photoshop and saved out as rgb tif.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines