• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

media encoder: software only

Advocate ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So yet again here I am posting about something that adobe seem to have broken. And ironically on the same day they sent me an email telling me creative cloud was going to get more expensive.

Transcoding from a cineform file to mp4. This used to take seconds, or minutes if it was a larger video.  Why exactly is hardware acceleration unavailable? I have a gtx1080ti, I thought this would handle the h.264 encoding? I have an i7 5820k.  I dont really want to know about quicksync, or get my head into hardware details. I just want to know why something that is working is now broken. 

this is mirrored across the whole suite of products.  I'm seeing the complacency in Adobe that comes with monopoly. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CUDA should be available. When did it become unavailable? After a PP update? or just by itself? Have you recently updated the GPU driver?

1- Try trashing preferences.

2- Try updating or rolling back GPU Driver.

3- share with us full specs of your system + what version of premiere you are using so we can better help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere & media encoder is all up to date

System: gtx1080ti, i7 5820k, 64gb ram, ssd's

trans coding from anything to h.264

this thread

"Software Only" stuck on encode settings panel.... Premiere Pro CC 2018 latest update

lots more info with lots of confused users and apparently confused adobe employees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a gtx1080ti, I thought this would handle the h.264 encoding?

Nope. H.264 encoding is handled by the cpu with QuickSync enabled.

Dont think your cpu has QuickSync.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gpu vs intel.png

I dont have QS either: so no hardware encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank me later

Moderator Note: Link removed. Sorry. Please do not use Console to change the application. It is against corporate guidelines and is a request from Adobe Premiere Pro engineering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines