• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not Doing It [buying a subscription]

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an everyday Josephine, I am not doing it. As a Mom who enjoys creating little projects with her photos, I am not doing it. I have used Adobe Elements for many years. I will not, nor can I afford, to pay the outrageous, insame price, MONTHLY, to CONTINUE to enjoy these products. I WILL NOT DO IT.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can continue to use Photoshop Elements without incurring a monthly fee, and there are plenty of free and one-time-cost vector-art options available for hobbyists like yourself.

The Creative Cloud software is a professional package with professional capabilities and options, so it comes at a professional price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody is forcing you to stop using Photoshop Elements and switch to a Cloud subscription

However... do be aware that updating your computer operating system (or buying a new computer) MAY mean that your "have used Adobe Elements for many years" old version will stop working

So to keep using what you have, don't update your operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wendys41779991  wrote

As an everyday Josephine, I am not doing it.

I have no idea why you posted this little rant because Elements is not offered by subscription.  In the US, it costs $100 or $80 for the upgrade. 

Easy Photo Editing Software | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wendys41779991  wrote

I WILL NOT DO IT.

As others have said, don't pay monthly - continue to use your version of Elements. If ever that gets so old that it will not run on a modern PC, replace it with the new version of Elements.

As for the "outrageous" monthly price of the full version - the Photography plan gives you Lightroom and Photoshop for less than £10 a month (UK). Not a bad price for world class professional grade software.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

the Photography plan gives you Lightroom and Photoshop for less than £10 a month (UK). Not a bad price for world class professional grade software.

The Photography Plan includes much more...
Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan | Professional photo editing software

• Creative Cloud Desktop App
  • Photoshop CC
  • Lightroom CC
  • Lightroom Classic CC
  • Bridge
  • Camera Raw
  • Spark
  • Adobe Portfolio/Behance
  • 20 GB Cloud Storage (or upgrade to 1TB for $10 more)
  • Premier Rush
  • Mobile device apps
  • + Free upgrades for as long as you remain a member.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's not bad, however there is still the annual lock-in contract that comes with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flaketime  wrote

Yes it's not bad, however there is still the annual lock-in contract that comes with it.

You can cancel if you need to.  But there's a modest  fee for canceling early.    So for example if you're currently paying $120/year and you decide to cancel Photography Plan after 8 months, your total price would be adjusted to $100.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, however, the "moderate cancellation fee" you are speaking of is 50% of the remaining annual contract.

For what you get with the plan, I completely agree the price for the plan is worth it, however, there are a lot of people out there who don't realise that the plan does come with a cancelation fee and only see the $10/m as a much better option to the other plans when signing up.

I see this happening a lot for kids who are taking short courses on photography and design, signing up for the plan not realising after the 8 or so months later when they go to cancel their subscription they have this extra cost there that they aren't able to pay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who ignore the terms they agree to.

Adobe Subscription and Cancellation Terms | Adobe

If a student is under legal age and incapable of understanding what a contact means, they really should have a parent or guardian make the purchase for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's your right.

It needs to make business sense.

For me, it  does even though it becomes a little painful when converting to local currency.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines