New Here ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Windows 10
  • Firefox 41.0.1 and/or Internet Explorer 11.0.10240.16431
  • Flash 19.0.0.185

Hello all,

I'd like to start off by saying this was NOT a problem when I had Windows 8.  The microphone functionality was fine.

I am currently in a class that uses a site called VHL Central to do homework online, and one of my assignments requires a microphone.  I have allowed access in the Flash GUI that pops up when requested, modified the exceptions in the Flash Player Settings on my computer, used the internet-based Global settings, and re-installed the Flash plug-in, but the site still reports that I need to allow it to use the microphone in my Flash settings.  I contacted VHL support, and was told that the problem seems to be that Flash is not retaining the settings for the site.  I have tried this in both Internet explorer and FireFox.

I've included a screenshot that people may find useful.

The problem started with the website https://m3a.vhlcentral.com/

but occurs with any site using flash to access my microphone or camera.

A direct link (which I doubt anyone will be able to access without paying the tuition for the class) to the Flash-enabled page that is requesting use of my microphone is: https://m3a.vhlcentral.com/sections/366978/activities/20074

Thanks for reading!

Dingo

VHLAllow.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Hi,

This issue is fixed in our latest Flash player beta version.

Please download it from below link:

Download Adobe Flash Player 21 Beta for Desktops - Adobe Labs

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this exact same problem with the VHL website, Windows 10, and Firefox.  From what I found, the problem has to do with Firefox.  I was able to get my microphone headset to work with VHL in Chrome.  Also, make sure you have your headset/microphone selected and enabled by right-clicking on the speaker in the task bar and then selecting recording devices.  You want to see that the microphone/headset you are using is checked.  Hope this helps others who have been experiencing similar problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share the login details. You can mail me [kragarwa] [adobe][com]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue with Firefox and Windows 10.  A change to the security model in Windows 10 renders us unable to access the microphone.  The solution requires significant changes to Flash Player and/or Firefox.

We'll probably ship a fix for 32-bit Firefox in a month or two -- we're working on it now.  The 64-bit work has to happen at Mozilla, so we're reaching out to them to figure out what they want to do on that front.

In the meantime, you can work around this by using IE, Edge or Chrome, all of which are unaffected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and I'm using Chrome.  I'm using Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3 and am trying unsuccessfully to allow a website (babbel.com) the ability to always access my microphoine.  I've selected "always allow" for this website, so I shouldn't be seeing the prompt to allow access when I visit that site.  Additionally, I can just barely see the box that pops up that would allow me to click allow & then remember. This works just fine on another computer that's running Windows 7, so I'm sure that it's an incompatibilty with Windows 10, but so far tech support at Babbel can't figure it out.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Por favor, dime si llegaste a solucionar el problema, porque tengo esta situación con Safari en mi Macbook 2016, donde Babbel por más que le pongo permitir y recordar, me sale el cuadro de diálogo y no me permite cerrar por lo que no puedo utilizar lo servicios de micrófono. Estoy muy mortificado con el tema. Su ayuda.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue is fixed in our latest Flash player beta version.

Please download it from below link:

Download Adobe Flash Player 21 Beta for Desktops - Adobe Labs

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this problem with a Mac for an online school that requires webcam/microphone. Was working a few weeks/months ago, now it is unable to locate microphone/webcam. Please advise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Details on your configuration (like the browser and OS versions) would be useful.  Also, "when in doubt, reboot" is a great troubleshooting step if you haven't tried it already.

To give you any useful advice, I'm going to need to know more about your computer and browser:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Mojave 10.14.2

Chromium 57.0.2987 (64-bit), (I also have safari 12.0.2, but it is not used with this specific program)

Flash 32.0.0.114 (NPAPI & PPAPI)

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, working with Apple support, working with the program administrators also. The specific program that I am using is Repondus Lockdown Browser. It is a program that monitors you while taking an online exam, ensuring academic integrity. I have used it in the past with this same Mac, but something has changed, and it is not functioning correctly. The error message is get states; "your recording doesn't include audio because Adobe Flash was unable to detect a microphone...". I also have run system checks with the Respondus program, and the mic and webcam are recognized and function fine. Please advise, thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I posted an inquiry there also. But you haven't found issues with this version flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines