• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro and Audition

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my name is Dahli, and I am currently experiencing a difficulty in Premiere Pro.

I am fairly experienced with premiere, I can do basic things like use the razor tool and I can go as far as adding effects and editing audio and stuff like that, but I need help with something. I am editing a gaming video for my YouTube channel.

The thing is, I want to trim an hour long clip in various sections and make it shorter. The other thing is, there is a bit of background noise in the audio and I want to open the audio in audition to fix the audio and then reflect the changes back into premiere.

I am wondering should I edit the audio first in audition and then send it back to premiere and then edit the video or edit the video first and then edit the audio after in audition?

If I edit the audio after I edit the video, I will end up with more than one audio file in the sequence (because I am going to be trimming away the stuff I don’t need) and I will have to go and send each audio clip into audition one by one. So my other question, is there a better way to do this? If I edit the video first, will I be able to edit the audio as a single clip/sequence  in audition after it’s been trimmed or will I have to edit each clipped section in audition one by one. Or is there a better way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Hey Dahli

Though you could edit the audio first, there is a better way by using Adobe's Dynamic Link.

It's one of my favorite things about Adobe CC apps. Works between Premiere, After FX and Audition.

I create a sequence and organize my sound in Premiere and when I'm happy with my edit I send the sequence to Audition with Dynamic Link. Make sure your sequence is selected, go to Edit > Edit in Adobe Audition > Sequence.

In the dialog box, select Entire Sequence and Send through Dynamic Link, then cli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dahli

Though you could edit the audio first, there is a better way by using Adobe's Dynamic Link.

It's one of my favorite things about Adobe CC apps. Works between Premiere, After FX and Audition.

I create a sequence and organize my sound in Premiere and when I'm happy with my edit I send the sequence to Audition with Dynamic Link. Make sure your sequence is selected, go to Edit > Edit in Adobe Audition > Sequence.

In the dialog box, select Entire Sequence and Send through Dynamic Link, then click OK.

Audition will open and load the timeline you made in Premiere, including the video

Work your mix in Audition - you can also save a session of it.

Go to Multitrack > Export to Adobe Premiere Pro and click Export.

Or you can export a file (wav, mp3, etc) and import that back into your Premiere project.

This is a typical workflow for me, hope it helps u out.

best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also open a Premiere Pro project file directly in Audition, if you like.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines