• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move tool has stopped working properly in Elements 12

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I use Elements 12 on a PC at work and all has been fine. Suddenly, and for no reason, the move tool no longer works properly. I can still grab an image and move it around the page, but I cannot drag it onto a different page (I used to just drag it up to the tabs at the top). Also, whenever I open an image now it is automatically locked - that didn't use to happen either. I know Elements 12 is a bit old now, but really hoping someone can help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you ask a question you need to provide some basic information

-Forum quick start https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-5601

Mac or Windows, and EXACTLY which version of the operating system?

Have you recently allowed an operating system update?

Recent Mac AND Windows operating systems have been known to cause "odd" problems

Are you using a computer Administrator account with full read/write permission?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. Never in my life used a forum and completely out of my depth. Also, this is where you realise I am a complete novice when it comes to the technical side of things. So, in response to your message:

Mac or Windows, and EXACTLY which version of the operating system? - just found the following, so hope that is the info you need:

Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 12.0 (12.1 (20140303.12.1.49334)) x32

Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit

Version: 6.2

Have you recently allowed an operating system update? - Not sure. This computer automatically updates from time to time when I close it down at the end of the day. So it may have done? I checked for updates within Photoshop Elements itself just now and it says it is all up to date.

Are you using a computer Administrator account with full read/write permission? - Sorry I don't know how to answer that one, but I believe so.

Hope that is of some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... I'm on Win10 so this may not be the same for Win8

Right click the command window at the very bottom left of the screen

Select SETTINGS in the pop up window

Select UPDATE & SECURITY in the next window

Select VIEW UPDATE HISTORY

Every time Windows does an update, there is the chance of something going awry with a program

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

•ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Other than a device driver possibly needing to be updated, I have no other ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I check update history and it updated only yesterday. Interestingly I notice the updates are all for windows 10, which I now realise this PC is/has. Not sure why when I copied the info from PSE itself it said Windows 8? (However, that has not been a problem for me in the past as been using it for about 2 years now and never had a problem until now.)

Sorry, but this is my complete lack of technical knowhow - no idea when it comes to device drivers and graphic adapters. That link you kindly provided to nVidia - what should I be selecting from those drop down menus? I am so sorry, just don't know what I should be looking at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidf91269941  wrote

I  That link you kindly provided to nVidia - what should I be selecting from those drop down menus?

This may help:

windows+10+how+to+find+what+graphics+card+installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

davidf91269941  wrote

Thank you. I check update history and it updated only yesterday. Interestingly I notice the updates are all for windows 10, which I now realise this PC is/has. Not sure why when I copied the info from PSE itself it said Windows 8? (However, that has not been a problem for me in the past as been using it for about 2 years now and never had a problem until now.)

The explanation is that Windows 10 did not exist when PSE12 was coded. The latest know Win version was used by Adobe programmers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines