• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink to a file

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2008 Feb 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to create a hyperlink to a file robohelp 7.0 slows then locks up. When you click the mouse anywhere on the robohelp screen you recieve a system beep. The only remedy I have is to activate task manager and close robohelp. (Task manager still shows robohelp running) Hyperlinking to a topic or web site works fine.

This is driving me crazy

Works in X5 perfectly

Robohelp 7.00.145
PC Dell Latitude 620 2GB Ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It almost sounds like you have a dialog box open somewhere off your screen, but it's strange that it would happen only in this case rather than for every time you bring up a dialog. When exactly does it lock up--what have you just clicked? By any chance have you used multiple monitors recently?

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2008 Feb 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Spot on Ben, I have been using dual monitors at work, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the format which you are using to enter your hyperlink you should get one of two dialog boxes:

If you use: "file:" you will usually get a "you have entered an invalid url" dialog... Which you have to click OK.

If you just did "C:\etc..." then you should have gotten the dialog asking if you wanted to copy the file to to project... Which you have to respond to.

If you didn't get one of these messages, then I'd agree with Ben's assessment that a dialog is opening off screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp