• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE2018 no longer in Windows Explorer Context menu

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working with PSE2018 with an open image.

Went to pick up a new jpg image from the Win10 Explorer Context  Menu. Openwith>PSE2018. Msg pop up ► File will be shared, hence cannot open file in PSE2018 from that context menu .

Never happened before.

Then tried to find a get around and from Context menu selected Choose another App > scrolled and selected PSE2108 : image opened in PSE.

Next went to open another image from Context menu Open with>  ► No option to open with PSE2018 was there any longer, and  I had to go Choose another App again.

This is very awkward.

Customer Support Chat agent says there is no chat support for PSE2018 any longer

That situation has happened before with previous version of PSE and Customer Support chat was able to fix the issue by taking control of my PC.

I would appreciate help to restore PSE2018 in the Context Menu Open With app options.

THANKS FOR HELP.

NOTE: I find discontinuing support for PSE2018 as soon as 2019 is out very VERY unfair. I have owned PSE since the first release years ago, and was used to better support from ADOBE. I am told that Chat support would be available only by purchasing PSE2019.  Looks like programmed obsolescence to me. I also have full CC Suite subscription for more complex Image manipulation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum, not Adobe corporate, although occasionally an Adobe functionary will post here. The folks posting here are users like you, trying to provide help.

You may find this helpful for your purpose:

How to Add Application to Windows 10 Desktop Right-click Menu – iSumsoft

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Please try out the following steps.

1. Press Win + R keys to launch the Run dialog box

2. Type 'Regedit' and press enter

3. Navigate to the following location:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\ (select the folder corresponding to the desired file type, say .jpg or .png)\OpenWithProgids

4. Add a new 'Binary Value' PhotoshopElements.Image.16

Now you should be able to set Photoshop Elements 2018 as the default application. Should there be any more queries, I would be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines