• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating New Catalog moves image files to C:\ drive

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, I created my first new catalog since getting the latest Lightroom version (2015.6.1 - 1083169), and all of the selected image files (several G) were copied from a 3T raid array to my 240 G boot SSD (where Win 10 lives) into This PC/users/pictures.  All of my previously created LR catalogs are on the 3T raid with the images and the new catalog was created there, as well, only the image files were moved.

How can I make a new annual catalog that leaves my images where my workflow needs them to be and does not copy them to where they will not fit?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

the latest Lightroom version (2015.6.1 - 1083169)

Ahem!  2015.6.1  ( 6.6.1 ) was released in July 2016 and there has been about 16 updates to Lightroom since them, so definitely not the "latest" !  (Now at Classic v8.1 by Subscription only)

For "Standalone" versions- 6.14 was the 'Last'.

How can I make a new annual catalog

And this goes against the most common advice which is -to have only one catalog. (Unless you have a valid reason?)

The correct answer to your question is that given by dj_paige

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import from the RAID drives, select ADD on the Import screen instead of COPY or MOVE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the latest Lightroom version (2015.6.1 - 1083169)

Ahem!  2015.6.1  ( 6.6.1 ) was released in July 2016 and there has been about 16 updates to Lightroom since them, so definitely not the "latest" !  (Now at Classic v8.1 by Subscription only)

For "Standalone" versions- 6.14 was the 'Last'.

How can I make a new annual catalog

And this goes against the most common advice which is -to have only one catalog. (Unless you have a valid reason?)

The correct answer to your question is that given by dj_paige

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahem! Serendipity strikes! I am a geologist-user and (obviously) not as well versed in my tools as I should be. Yes, I do only drive the Rolls down the block to pick up coffee and a newspaper. For what I do, haze reduction is LR's most powerful tool and the rest is just there, of comparatively marginal use.

Why do I think that my version is the most recent? Because it is what Creative Cloud sent me, the last time I clicked. Until I read this message, I was completely clueless because I did not miss all the new whistles and bells except for not being able to move haze reduction up into the tools that I do use. Why did Creative cloud send me old software? I'm going to find out now that I know

Thank you WobertC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

'Dehaze' is now in the Basic panel of the develop module- and very useful too.

As for the "most recent"- The Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App has some preference options (click the 3-dots & Preferences), including "Notifications", which is advised. Also [Launch at Logon] means that the App will always be available to check versions, etc.

Also use the Desktop App to check for 'Updates' from the 3-dot menu.

"what Creative Cloud sent" If you cannot install v8.1, it may be your OS will not support the 'latest' versions of Lr. Lightroom Classic CC system requirements

"a geologist"- I saw a lecture presentation from a geologist using cross-polarization and macro/micro photographs. The images were stunning in their patterns, colour, etc- very graphic and entertaining.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines