• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Not Opening Properly

Contributor ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a continually turning blue circle in the Photoshop workspace.  I have set my preferences in Creative Cloud not to update automatically -- I have a slow connection & will update when convenient.  I have closed & opened the program.  I have changed my password & logged back in.  PS shows that I am signed on.  Nothing changes.

What is going on?

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.0 20180920.r.24 2018/09/20: 1193433  x64

Number of Launches: 46

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Version: 10 or greater 10.0.17134.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eliza,

Sorry to hear that Photoshop is not loading properly, could you try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if that helps?

Preferences Reset Photoshop - https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.

You may also try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestions, Sahil, but...

I have deselected "Use Graphics Processor".

I have reset Preferences.

I can now open a photo, but the circle remains in the background, reappearing immediately when the picture file is closed, but while PS is still open. The Tool Bar also disappears when a picture file (just the file, not PS) is closed.

As a last-ditch effort, I am downloading all updates - up to 13%.  Will post results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you got a graphic tablet by any chance?

i read issues with drivers giving such loading icon

try updating all drivers once you're at it

even video card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not using a graphic tablet.  PC is up-to-date.  After updating PS, this afternoon, things are a bit better, so I will live with it for now, rather than wasting time on it.  Windows 10 updated itself yesterday and I have a suspicion that it may have caused the problem.  If things improve with the next Win update, I will post a message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines