Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 54 - Lifestyle

Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Looking at images in car brochures, they commonly sell a lifestyle rather than just a car. So I set myself a challenge to model such a scene in 3D and the result is below.*    I wonder though where our Photoshop users will now take this.

So for this weekend, take the image below and develop your own take around the car or lifestyle.

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW54Lifestyle.jpg
* Everything in the scene I modelled and rendered in Blender, apart from the sky and distant trees which are in an HDR spherical panorama, used both for lighting the scene and for the background. I downloaded that panorama from https://hdrihaven.com/hdris/  which offers free HDRIs under the creative commons license, so is a good source for those creating 3D scenes.
Enjoy your weekend.
Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another utterly amazing render Dave.  The car must have been tricky with all those compound curves.   I had a wee heads up for part of this image, so knocked up a couple of images using a low res original, but I only had the car to work with.

One-Horse-Power.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW Bond Lotus Submarine .jpg

It breaks my heart to throw all the detail away, so a full res detail of the back of the car

Sub Car Detail.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Trevor, I love the one horsepower car. I wonder if that is the future for low emmisions

That second image is full of little details - the SAFC logo on the car, the ID card and the fish poking it's head out of the intake grill. Excellent!

A great start to the weekend .  Oh and yes the car was a little tricky to model.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Oh and yes the car was a little tricky to model.

Dave, the car render is spectacular and you deserve a curry and beer night to celebrate a job well done!

Trevor, both of your scenes are excellent! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Well it doesn't get any more subtle than that ! For anyone puzzled the logo on the centre of the car wheel has changed from "SFTW" to the Adobe logo.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's that puzzle sorted

Great render BTW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good eyes, Dave — and very clever, Jacob!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, first I just made it that way, but then I thought it was too indistinct, so I changed the size and proportions, the latter to really point it out, and posted as below; but then I thought it was too distinct and easy, so I cancelled my posting and posted the original, knowing that Dave would see, and say if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jacob+Bugge  wrote

posted the original, knowing that Dave would see, and say if needed.

Agree, Dave has a good eye, and you can trust that he will see it. I did not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Dave sees all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick and dirty as I had an idea and I had to give a go.  I did the car earlier, so I left it out this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Road trip!

SFTW54Lifestyle JE 1200.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

Good eyes, Dave.............

I've spent so long on that image in the last couple of days, I know every pixel !

Nice idea on the road trip Jane and perfect perspective. Do you think it needs a subtle shadow just to get the cases to sit in the scene?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the cars been sitting around for a while

SFTW54.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nice job on the car.

I tried something like that (and something similar on the house too), but I couldn't get it to look anywhere near so convincing.

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, a cat-person.

SFTW54Lifestyle2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some nice entries already, although I was not able to make Jacob's Abobe motif without making it a lot brighter.   I still wonder what goes on in Ged's mind.   Is that rust, or a texture taken from a Van Gogh painting, and will Ged be cutting off one of his ears soon?

Jane's luggage is obviously ultra-modern with a retro look.  There will be carbon fibre and titanium under that old leather appearance.

I'd like to run this thought past the forum 'Blokes'...   With sporty cars having lower and lower aspect ratio tires nowadays, why don't Formula 1 tires follow the same trend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

I still wonder what goes on in Ged's mind.  

You're not the only one Trevor, I wonder that sometimes myself, if you ever find out please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

With sporty cars having lower and lower aspect ratio tires nowadays, why don't Formula 1 tires follow the same trend?

Have a look here:

For what reason are Formula 1 tires not very low profile like Super Sport cars’?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to make Jacob's Abobe motif without making it a lot brighter.

I wonder whether it is a monitor matter, Trevor. I was sure it would be quite distinct on the special section version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

I'd like to run this thought past the forum 'Blokes'...   With sporty cars having lower and lower aspect ratio tires nowadays, why don't Formula 1 tires follow the same trend?

Hi Trevor
I reckon there are three reasons:

1. Road cars have bigger brake discs. Being much heavier than F1 cars and having steel discs rather than ceramics these need to be bigger.
2. Road cars, being heavier, exert a lot of pressure on the sidewall.
3. Most important of all, fashion. They look good. A few years ago I owned a BMW on stupid rims and rubber band tyres. Although quick, it had the worst ride quality of any car I have ever owned. Since then I have opted for smaller rims and larger sidewalls. F1 is subject to rules but not fashion.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, you understand how we live in SoCal.

Background Santa Monica Bay.  It and the cactus are my own photos.

Week054.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's nice Rista.  Nancy would like the cactus methinks.

I'm looking at its placement near the door, and remembering a couple of large spiny flax plants we had either side of our front door.  Stuff really grows here, and before we knew it, the spines were at eye level and likely to cause a nasty accident.   I used to cut the spines off now and again, but we have got rid altogether now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines