• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHERE THE HECK IS MY LOST PSD FILE?

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm REALLY ticked off and trying to figure out how to fix a Photoshop crash.

I had a .psd file open that was saved to my desktop. When closing the document, I did not save the minor changes I made. An error message popped up and my .psd file had been deleted from my desktop and was not in my trash.

I assumed the file could be recovered in my auto-recovery folder which was empty. I then tried the terminal code to view hidden files, which did nothing.

I did the same thing in my temporary files folder within my Library.

Then I saw something about checking my Scratch disks, but when I check my Photoshop preferences, no Scratch disks are listed.

I hate everything and I hate technology and I'M DESPERATE FOR HELP!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything from entering Time Machine? It sounds like MacOS from the terms you use.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to test it out later on, but I'm not sure if the file had been backed up recently (my fault - I know). Can you think of any other the place the file could have been secretly stored if the psd. file had been saved on my desktop and mysteriously disappeared?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's many reasons because it is a common problem.

Here's a Google search string: "file vanishes from Mac Desktop"  Many articles giving you an idea where to look and commands to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue, and used this Easy Find app to recover it. It was buried in the trash (and I had looked there before).

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/easyfind/id411673888

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines