• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excel file with no cell borders populating cell borders after it's placed?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am placing pages in an excel file onto an InDesign document. The first 2 pages worked fine; I adjusted the layout to fit the page with no issues. The 3rd and 4th page however, continually populated with black borders around the cells. In excel I have all the pages set to no borders and in InDesign there is no stroke indicated on the cells or the text. Is there a setting I am not seeing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Selecting the borders in this function and clearing the stroke worked. Thank you!

Untitled-3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suggestion would be to import an Unformatted Table into Indesign. This will not import any existing excel styles,. Then create table and cell styles and apply to the table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Is it exactly at the start of page 3 in InDesing or is it at a specific cell in Excel?

To test in InDesign, resize a frame on page 1 or page 2 to force the text to reflow. Do the borders show up in the same place?

If it’s in Excel, click in the cell and look in the Ribbon to confirm.

Also, in InDesign, turn off the View for gridlines to better see the borders. Maybe do that in Excel also.

Post screen shots if you don’t see it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selecting the borders in this function and clearing the stroke worked. Thank you!

Untitled-3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

davids55608846  wrote

In excel I have all the pages set to no borders and in InDesign there is no stroke indicated on the cells or the text.

davids55608846  wrote

Untitled-3.jpg

I'm glad it's solved — since the borders show up in the widget in the Control panel, they should have also been in Table > Cell Options > Strokes and Fills. Or in the Table Options if they were set for the entire table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines