• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are the vertical lines that appear when I am scrubbing

Enthusiast ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to attach a video to my discussion for the Forum Users to view.  During scrubbing viewers will notice something unusual.

[title edited by mod for clarity]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to click this:

attach video.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camtasia Video on Vimeo

What are the vertical lines that appear when I am scrubbing.  I have the latest version of Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your comp specs?

Gopro is highly compressed, is this H.265 or 264?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GoPro videos are H.264.  I have the same results with GoPro Video or Camcorder HD Videos(1920x1080).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still dont know your specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel i7-8700-6 Core Processor 12M Cache 4.6 GHz

16GB Ram 1TB 7200 rpm SATA HDD

Videos are shot with a GoPro(1920x1080) and Sony Camcorder(1920x1080)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only one hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an internal hard drive and an external hard drive.  I have imported the video files from both of the hard drives.  The problem still exists.  However, I noticed that when I scrub forward there is no problem.  When I scrub backwards is when I see the vertical lines.  I also spent time with Adobe technical support.  They had no explanation.  I reset the Workspace and the Preferences.  Problem still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MIght want to up the ram. 16 is a bit a the low side. 32 recommended and video on a ssd.

7200 hdd is good for backup.

Which graphics card?

Try different drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded some of the previous versions of Premiere.  I experienced the same results.  The graphics card is an Intel HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Michael+Stehly  wrote

The graphics card is an Intel HD.

You really need a dedicated graphics card with at least 2GB VRAM.

And as Ann said, you need more RAM and a better hard drive setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the latest version of Premiere several weeks ago.  The vertical lines did not appear.  The vertical lines appeared a couple weeks after I had already updated.  I had encoded many videos before the lines appeared.  Microsoft automatically updates.  Could one of the updates have caused this to happen?  With the setup I have I can play 4k video and encode without any problems.  I am not a professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MS can mess up thing also.

Might want to reinstall, that is what i usually do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere four times with the same result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael Stehly,

Still having trouble with this? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now installed and uninstalled the latest version of Premiere five times.  I installed versions 11 and 12 with the same results.  Unfortunately, I removed the video from Vimeo by accident.  Some of the forum users suggest that I need more RAM and a Graphics Card.  I do not think that is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about all this, Michael. Call or chat with our video queue here: Contact Customer Care

They can work 1-1 with you in solving this issue directly. Come on back and give us the results, if you have a moment. It would help the community a great deal to find out just what went on here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 5 year old Dell computer with Windows 8.1  It is an i5, 16 GB of RAM and 7200 speed drive.  I am aware that I cannot load the latest version of Premiere.  I did install Premiere 12.1.2 on the old computer.  I did not experience the problem I have with my new Windows 10 computer.  Last week I allowed Adobe Technical Support to access my Windows 10 computer.  This did not come up with an explanation.  The problem only happens when I scrub backwards.  Am I the only editor that has experienced this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not sound familiar, sorry. That is why I recommend that you contact our agents so that they can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks man,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Michael+Stehly  wrote

I have now installed and uninstalled the latest version of Premiere five times.  I installed versions 11 and 12 with the same results. 

I must be something system related otherwise you would not have the same issue in all versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Dell Support.  They did not have an answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking that this is a graphics issue, either software or hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dell installed the latest drivers.  The vertical lines did not disappear.  I installed versions 11 and 12 with the same results.  I have an older Dell computer(Windows 8.1).  I installed Premiere.  No vertical lines appeared.  Hopefully, one of the Microsoft updates will fix the problem.  The vertical lines only appear when I scrub backwards.  I am assuming that it is not my mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always try a different mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines