• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My changes in Dreamweaver are not showing up online

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me crazy.  I have used Dreamweaver for years and never had this problem.  Using it currently and it doesn't happen on other sites.  I am making changes to pages and then uploading them as well as the css files.  Some of the changes show up but some of them do not.  I have refreshed, cleared the cache, quite Safari, tried another browser.  Still don't show.  Is this a bug in the software?  Driving me nuts!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

OK, got the picture, just not what the fix is yet.

To see what is happening, click the 'Expand....' button to show both local and remote sites.

Check to see when the files were modified. If your application does not show the modified column, then right click the top bar and choose to show the column.

If the modified date is not correct, choose the file that you want uploaded and click the 'put' button

If nothing changes there, then we will have to have a look at Site Setup to make sure that the des

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test your FTP efficacy. The best way is to place a time at the top of your CSS file or in a comment in the page head of a document. Open the page online and view the file(s) in Developer tools (Chrome, not Safari). If you do not see the time in your comments, then you have an FTP or server issue. If you want, place your comments and then post a link to the page here so other can help you check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

remind me how to comment - I am a beginner with css

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your emotion, but you have given us very little to go on for us to help you.

Please give us specific details such as

• O/S
  • version of Dreamweaver
  • link to the site
  • the nature of the change that you want to make

At This stage I am assuming that you are on a Windows system, using Chrome as your browser and the changes that you are not seeing are CSS/image related. In which case I would use the following key combination CTRL+SHIFT+DEL and choose 'Clear data' in the modal. I would then refresh the browser.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - I did indicate DW on my Mac but guess it didn't show up.

Mac OS 10.13.6

DW 2015

One of the pages having problems:

https://robertkourik.com/books/lazy-ass.html

I have added more text and change the color of some of the text.  Looks fine in Live view in DW, but will not show up in Safari or Firefox.  I did finally get some things to show up by clearing cache and quitting program, etc.  But the latest ones just won't appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lazy-Ass Gardening

Special Offer Until April 1

Preorder this book for $15

After April 1 - $20

Retail $24.95

Softcover, 215 pages
79 easy to understand illustrations
• 16 pages of color

Web Site Price $20 includes tax and shipping

Publisher: Metamorphic Press (2019)

Free 4th class shipping, handling, and tax

That is one area in lower left that I changed and shows up in DW but not online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, got the picture, just not what the fix is yet.

To see what is happening, click the 'Expand....' button to show both local and remote sites.

Check to see when the files were modified. If your application does not show the modified column, then right click the top bar and choose to show the column.

If the modified date is not correct, choose the file that you want uploaded and click the 'put' button

If nothing changes there, then we will have to have a look at Site Setup to make sure that the destination directory has been properly assigned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it is the strangest thing.  I think site assignments are fine.  the page does go up, just not all the recent changes.  I just talked to my client and he is seeing the changes, so maybe it is a fluke in my computer.  I am going to restart and look at it all tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a good night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems OK today.  Still not sure what or why, but so far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MartyR707  wrote

It seems OK today.  Still not sure what or why, but so far so good.

It may be that the remote server had a problem with load balancing or similar and deferred updating the site.

In other words, it's not you, it's not Dreamweaver, it's that guy in the cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier  wrote

...it's that guy in the cloud

The evil gremlin.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening again!!  Grrrrrr - so annoying!  And it's not just my desktop - also my laptop and yesterday, my client's computer.  I don't know if the computer restart fixed it or not.  Aggravating!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload files with Filezilla Client?

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't done that - always works fine in Dreamweaver.  And what is odd is some of the changes show up and some don't.  Like I added a link to this page:

https://robertkourik.com/books/lazy-ass.html

Click to see inside pages - and the link doesn't work.  The new page is there, the link is correct - just doesn't work!  Grrr.

Just checked my iPad - works there, but not on desktop or laptop.  So strange.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do people still buy tangible books these days?  I thought everything was fulfilled by digital downloads now.

Browsers are often confused by code errors. See link below for details,

https://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=https%3A%2F%2Frobertkourik.com%2Fbooks%2Flazy-ass.html

Also your code is showing its age.  You might want to plan a responsive site re-build to better accommodate mobile & tablet users.

Design responsive websites using Bootstrap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally p[eople buy books!  Have you been to a bookstore lately?  Hard to take your computer out in the garden and you can't see a thing on a phone.  this is a gorgeous book full of color photos and how-to's.

And yes the site is old.  No budget right now to update it.  This site was started in GoLive!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that page of code correction though!  I will review and learn!  As I said above, I don't really know CSS very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me this was caused by my private wireless network being set as a public network.  Windows defender gave me a hint, then I think I read that somewhere as well.  Double check to make sure you Windows Defender firewall does not think your wireless is a public (dangerous) network.  I only had to set my wireless to private and everything worked normall.  Before that it was randomley not uploading some files that appeared updated on my local site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines