• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange SFTP error message

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer connect using SFTP on one of my sites in Dreamweaver CS6 and I get this error message:

Failed to Read the contents of XML Resource:

IDD_SSH_KEY_CHANGE_DIALOG

The password and paths  are correct and I am able to connect using other SFTP clients such as Cyberduck. I've deleted the site several times and recreated in Dreamweaver, but the error message remains the same.

Somebody please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!! Step 12 worked. (Renaming the Configuration folder.) Thank you so much, you're a star.

Anyone else trying this on Lion or Mountain Lion should note that the user Library that contains this folder is not visible by default:

/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS6/[language]/Configuration

You have to go into Terminal to make it visible, see the tutorial here:

http://macs.about.com/od/usingyourmac/qt/Os-X-Lion-Is-Hiding-Your-Library-Folder.htm

Also note: there's another Configuration folder within the Dreamweaver Application itself: Macintosh HD/Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver/Configuration, however renaming is no help at all - it makes Dreamweaver crash!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only neccesary to delete the file ssh_hosts located in the or manually delete the entry for the host you are unable to connect to. The reason is that the ssh-key pair kept for the site has changed for some reason. Dreamweaver has a strange way of handling this, and it indeed should notify the user in the samme way that ssh is, warning you about the risk of being in a man-in-the-middle attack.

Anyway, to get access to the /Users/[username]/Library folder, you just open the Finder and open the 'Go' menu, now press the option-key and Library will appear on the list.

/Morten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked well for me OS X 10.7.5. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#12 worked for me too. I am using Dreamweaver CC 2017 and my host is wpengine.com. There was an cyber attack on the server my websites site on and they had to move all my sites over to another server, which probably messed up the ssh-key pairing in my case. This worked out perfectly. Thanks!!

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved doing the following:

1. Paste in terminal: sudo nano ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver\ CC\ 2017/en_US/Configuration/ssh_hosts
    (Edit this line based on the version of Dreamweaver you may have in the future)
  2. Remove any line involved with the site you're trying to connect to... I just removed every line. Don't delete the file, just empty it.
  3. Hit Control X to exit and then Y to save.

Hope it works for you as it did for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

works for windows too,

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2019\en_US\Configuration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines