• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I saved my file a couple of minutes before Photoshop crashed, but when I re-open the file it hasn't saved?

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I overwrote a file from a few days ago with a new one today, then a couple of minutes afterwards, my laptop crashed. When I open the file, it opens the version from a few days ago. Is there a way to retrieve it? Unfortunately I didn't have auto-recover on

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m running Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It‘s vital to make incrementally named copies of your documents after you’ve worked on them for a while so you can return to an earlier version if you get a file corruption. Also keep copies externally, and always keep your original layered Photoshop document so you can return to it to do further edits, if required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines