• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bullets RTL

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to do a simple task such as paragraph of bullets, with my custom font and bullet point for every sentence.

I'm typing in Hebrew, a Right-to-Left language, so the bullets are appearing on the left side, is there a way to fix that?

btw, the paragraph settings are set to "Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer", and Hebrew as the language.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

What I would do is draw a text frame and hold down the cmd/ctrl key while choosing Type > Fill with Placeholder Text. In the menu choose Hebrew and then apply the bulleted list option to the text. The bullet will now be on the right.

ForumsBulletRight.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you use Hebrew version of ID?

2019-01-12_01-03.png

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow I didn't know this was an option, thanks!

Still though, I have a document I created and it still show the bullets on the left, and the overall direction of text is still LTR, so dots and commas appear to the right of the text, when it should be at the left.

Is it because I just changed this setting and I need to create a new document maybe?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open document in Hebrew version InDesign and change paragraph style options for support RTL bullets.

Something like this - https://indesignsecrets.com/numbering-paragraphs-side.php

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I would do is draw a text frame and hold down the cmd/ctrl key while choosing Type > Fill with Placeholder Text. In the menu choose Hebrew and then apply the bulleted list option to the text. The bullet will now be on the right.

ForumsBulletRight.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines