• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 works on other Apple G4 but I cannot reinstall it on a different G4 with OS 10.4.11 with the no-activation new code

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CS3 still works on another of my Apple G4. To install the CS3 on another Apple G4 with OS 10.4.11 (old but working and used by me to teach Photoshop to young people) I first had to get a new serial number from my originally-purchased CS3, then I downloaded the two relevant file (Italian version) provided in the same page. But, after successful installation and having launched Photoshop CS3, it asked me the (new) serial number. Not accepted (neither the original serial number). I tried  different ways, including a suggestion I got from another blog of this Community, eliminating the file cache.db, no effect. I cleaned all (visible) files in the volume containing CS3, Adobe, cache,.... No effect.

I reformatted a different partition of the hard disk, and then installed in it a brand new 10.4.11 (so no prevous memory), and immediately after i went to the Adobe page for a new serial number: typing the replacement one I got again the same used formerly, i.e. it confirmed me the serial number. I downloaded only to main file and installed CS3, typing the (confirmed) serial number. Not accepted.

At this point it is NOT ANYMORE a bug of mine. I am using Photoshop since almost 30 years, buying most of the previous versions, till CS3, without any problem before.

I paid for the CS3 and it is still valid and runnable with OS 10.4.11, according to Adobe.

Therefore, I am asking for help to resolve the issue. Many thanks.

Franco

PS - Presently I can only work for 30 days with the trial version !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

information on activation problems with the new version https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2385900

I have seen it mentioned that an OLD version of Java must be installed to get an old program (CS6 and earlier) working with your new operating system https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it isn't a new operating system...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No help from above.

I am working with OS 10.4.1 that is supposed to have the correct Java version.

The CS3 is supposed to be still compatible with the old OS 10.4.11.

I already all the information about installing the old CS3 and followed exactly the procedure. The new serial number is NOT recognised as valid.

I got offer of help from Adobe Wayne Williams and Help.David Berk. My reply to them is:

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying but there were vacations in between.

No, I am not familiar with Skype and I do not use Google Hangouts.

A could use a Chat: please send me the correct link to it.

I could also send the exact list of operations I am making, though it is very simple:

–I installed without problems the package on my OS 10.4 11, but,

–when first opening CS3, the serial number I had downloaded from the ADOBE site for a new installation, so not the "special offer" (but if I do it for the latter, the code is the same), was refused as incorrect (and the original one too).

Notice that I am using, according to ADOBE, an allowed old OS (the max version allowed for that G4), so with the allowed version of Java.

Could we continue the conversation directly via e-mail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ioc59412057, I am sorry that you are facing invalid serial number errors while attempting to reinstalling Creative Suite 3 on your Mac OS 10.4.11 operating system.  Are you using the new installation files and serial number available at Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products ?

If so, then please implement solution two in Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products as it is likely the existing licensing files have been damaged.

As Test Screen Name has indicated, Adobe employees do not utilize Skype for support purposes.  You are posting to a public discussion forum available to anyone with Internet access.  If you are contacted and asked to be provided support via Skype, then please send me a private message with the details of the contact.  You can interact with your public forum discussion, by clicking the link to View the Full Discussion, in your e-mail notification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed your link: it is bringing to the page I had initially used to get a new serial number.

I got a new one using my original one, then I clicked on the English persion to download the new installer, exactly as I had already done before Christmas.

It ask me to make the downloading through Akamai, as I did the previous time, when then the installation was apparently successful but eventually the serial number was not recognised.

I stopped here now to ask you: could it be that the downloading through is defective?? I already asked the previous time Akamai customer help to provide me any indication, but they replied to me that they are unable to provide me any. It is impossible to download the file in another way.

Note: I found the information about the OS for CS3 in the Legacy !!! 10.4.11 is OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you have been SCAMMED. Adobe do not use Skype. But a lot of people PRETENDING to be Adobe will contact you privately. Their intentions are not good.

I hope you did not give them access to your computer or any credit card number.

If in doubt, here is a simple rule: Adobe do not support CS3 so they will not be contacting or helping you. Only the community members here, but you probably would get better results if you don't just wait 3 weeks between posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installation does  not work.

Actually Akamai states that their installation works only for OS 10.5 up, thus not respecting the Adobe indication where system 10.4.11 is still be suitable.

I do not see a solution , unless Adobe takes an action to resolve the conflict with Akamai or an Adobe installer can be used.

There is not enough care about past versions of products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ioc59412057, that Akamai Download Manager is only utilized to allow Creative Suite 3 to be downloaded.  It does not actually install Creative Suite 3.  If you continue to face difficulties with the Akamai Download Manager then either use the button to download the software directly, from within the download manager, or use a different computer to download the installation files. 

You may want to use an older computer for the download process to help ensure compatibility with the End of Life Akamai Download Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I used my MacBookPro with system 10.6.8 (so HIGH than 10.4.11) to repeat the procedure, and I was able to download through Akamai the CS3, and corretcly install it on the same computer: it accepted also the serial number.

However, transferring the download to the G4 with OS 10.4.11 was unsuccessful. After several trials I am convinced that it is because the copy of the two Akamai files, a DISK Adobe Photoshop CS3 and a file ADBEPHSPCS3_ESD1_WWE.dmg do not work because the first does NOT recognise the address of the .dmg, which is recognised only on the downloading computer, not when transferred on another one. Notice that the recognition is still OK on the memory pen when inserted on the downloading computer, but is lost on the other one. That lack of recognition produces a request for files Element 6, which are, I assume, the files of the main components of the CS3 other than the common files initially partially uploaded.

It looks that, in addition, trying to upload the original Akamai interface dirctly on the 10.4.11 fails, according to their statement.

So I am still helpless.

I do not find the way to overcome the request to act through Akamai according to the preliminary steps that you have suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ioc59412057, please use a USB drive to transfer the installation files from the MacBook Pro running Mac OS 10.6.8.  If you have already downloaded the new installation files once, then there is no need to do so again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is exactly what I did.

I loaded the two files (a "disk" called Adobe Photoshop CS3 (115 kB) and a file ADBEPHSPCS3_ESD1_WWE.dmg 833,5 MB) in an USB key. On the MacBook they were located respectively on the board and on the Download Folder: opening the "disk" it shows the latter and a Readme file.

I loaded both files ("disk" and .dmg) on the OS 10.4.11, but clicking on the "disk" I got the information that the location on the latter cannof be found.

If I click directly on the .dmg, the installation starts, but, as soon after it starts loading the shared files, a message tells that the files "Elements 6" are non found and it is impossible to proceed.

I think that it is due to the fact that the installation "disk" cannot locate the other file when changing computer.

I tried several ways: I put both files on the same folder: on OS 10.6.8 the .dmg is still recognised, and also is on the memory stick while attached to the MacBook, but it is not for the same stick attached to the G4. On the G4 I did not attempt anymore to download the Akamai interface.

I wonder if I have instead to copy the  Akamai interface on the G4 (it is placed in the "Attachments" folder of the system, and then try to download directly the CS3 on th G4. But that interface is supposed to work only for 10.5 on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ioc59412057, I am so sorry that you continue to face errors with the copying and installation process for Photoshop CS3.  Only the DMG file ADBEPHSPCS3_ESD1_WWE.dmg should be needed.

Once the USB drive is mounted on the Mac running Mac OS 10.4.11, then you can open the drive and copy the DMG file to the Desktop.  Once the DMG file is fully copied are you then able to mount the disk image, or do you continue to receive errors?  Do you receive any error messages while copying the file to the Mac OS 10.11.4 desktop, Ioc59412057?

It might also be helpful if we can see what errors you are facing, Ioc59412057.  Please see FAQ: How do I capture and post a screenshot or video? for information on how to post a screenshot to this public forum discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you mised the corect OS: it is 10.4.11, not 10.11.4

Secondly, I tried to use only that file .dmg. It creates correctly an installation procedure, but, after it started to copy the shared files (this is correctly the first operation), it stops after having transferred only a few, and a message "please insert Adobe Elements 6 to continue installation" appeared (I will send you the screenshot): I do not have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Ioc59412057, I have corrected my previous post.

So you are being prompted to insert the Elements installation disc when you begin the installation process for Photoshop CS3?  This occurs while installing on the computer running Mac OS 10.4.11?

What else happened to this computer, Ioc59412057?  Why are you reinstalling Photoshop CS3?  Your original post you stated you formatted the computer and then began the installation process.  Were any files restored from a backup to the Apple G4 running Mac OS 10.4.11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I had reformatted the disc section and reinstalled the 10.4.11, I had tried several times to install the CS3 downloaded from Akamai and the last time from the USB device, disinstalling the previous each time before every new time according the disinstallation feature of Adobe.

If there is any doubt that some is left there? I could re-clean the disk and reinstall the 10.4.11 first (it is a mess!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ioc59412057, for the update.  You may want to consider formatting the drive, reinstalling the OS, and then installing Creative Suite 3.

The current prompt to have access to Elements installation files indicates that there is also a previous version of Photoshop or Premiere Elements on the computer.  During the install process, these files are being located and the prompt to insert the installation files appears.  This is not expected behavior and likely is due to partial removal of a previous installation.

If you decide not to format the computer, then you may be able to recover by completing the following steps:

1. Run all available uninstallers in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers
  2. Download and run the CC Cleaner tool - Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

This may allow the installation to proceed, but only if the Elements uninstaller is still available.  If it has been removed, then I have my doubts that just running the CC Cleaner Tool will be enough to remove the previous installations.

If you continue to encounter errors after completing these steps, then the only option will be to format and reinstall Mac OS 10.4.11, as was previously discussed, Ioc59412057.

Please update this public forum discussion if you have any additional questions, Ioc59412057.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you efforts.

At present I have no more time to fix the issue, so I will go on instead with Photoshop 7.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand, Ioc59412057, please bookmark this discussion for later use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines