• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Taking off and landing effect

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, am quite new to After Effects. Am looking to create a scene in which an Imperial shuttle lands and then takes off. I have searched to find a good tutorial to coach me in creating the landing and takeoff, specifically the dusting off effect. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Heres the final. Remember this was a quick one with no color correction, motion blur etc. Just to give you an idea on how to go about things

ORIGINAL PLATE

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.40.26 AM.png

FIRST PASS (HEAT)

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.40.35 AM.png

2ND PASS (THRUSTER BLAST DOWN)

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.40.48 AM.png

3RD PASS (MINIMAL DUST LEFT)

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.40.55 AM.png

4TH PASS (SMOKE BILLOW TOWARD VIEWER)

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.41.02 AM.png

5TH PASS (SMOKE BILLOW PLUS DEBRIS RIGHT TOWARD VIEWER)

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.41.17 AM.png

6TH PASS (FINAL)

Here is the vid:

Now go out and experiment. Best of luck

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every shot I've seen like that includes work done in A 3D application -- you can't just make a convincing shuttle in AE! 
How do you plan to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shuttle I have. Got it from a green screen video on Youtube and it is very good. Now to do the dusting effect when landing on a pad and the dusting off when taking off is where I need a nudge. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Videocopilot is the best place to find a tutorial for this kind of work to take a quick look about the available tutorial and may you can find something can help you https://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate. I have checked them and couldn't find what I was looking for. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danny hi

It is pretty simple to achieve this with stock footage effects, wither without an alpha channel.

I remember doing this for a few films but one that stands out was when a father and son were in a lift that was falling to earth from space in a lift that had a window. A kids fantasy movie lol. When it landed it had to be very believable with dust and camera shake effects. Was easy to do and could show you how its done.

You are welcome to share the shuttle footage with me and I will recreate something simple for you which you can then look at.

Let me know

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mo

Sure thing mate, how can I send it to you? It is in mp4 format about 9 seconds long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can put it up on Google drive and send me the link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heres the final. Remember this was a quick one with no color correction, motion blur etc. Just to give you an idea on how to go about things

ORIGINAL PLATE

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.40.26 AM.png

FIRST PASS (HEAT)

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.40.35 AM.png

2ND PASS (THRUSTER BLAST DOWN)

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.40.48 AM.png

3RD PASS (MINIMAL DUST LEFT)

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.40.55 AM.png

4TH PASS (SMOKE BILLOW TOWARD VIEWER)

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.41.02 AM.png

5TH PASS (SMOKE BILLOW PLUS DEBRIS RIGHT TOWARD VIEWER)

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.41.17 AM.png

6TH PASS (FINAL)

Here is the vid:

Now go out and experiment. Best of luck

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the HD final output so you can see a little clearer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great stuff. I will give it a go later tonight. Cheers mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I slept because it was late at night. I waited a long time help from you. I'm sending you a link to the file.

that I want to do. two or three pie charts run on the same screen. but each of them load different data. When I copy the project, the 2 pie chart is loading the same data. The second automatically changes when you change the data of the first one. I dont want this. first pie chart 2 data load the second pie chart 4 or 5 data you want to load.

another problem

the second video. axis length extension and abbreviation how? There are 12 points on the x axis. how do I make this point number 8 or 5. the number of points decreases while the x-axis is shortened. 
or 2 data lines in a chart. How do I do this 4 or 5 data lines

google drive link:   https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k-kqHqUMMIx4QduiRtbKZzQuoahDKGR1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Demirus could you start a new thread with this as this thread was opened by Danny.

And while you are awaiting assistance please try to be patient and not get upset like yesterday,

We are sometimes very busy and cannot attend to everyone instantaneously.

Your post was removed yesterday as you were becoming a little too aggravated

I have downloaded the files and will have a look at them soon

Thanks

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I will write a new message describing my problem. I'm waiting for you to help me. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please don't forget to help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great help, Mo Moola!

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks RameezKhan​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines