Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC doesn't match video with jpeg files

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I want to create a stop motion and I've got my jpeg's ready.

I imported all of the pictures and they're on the correct order on my timeline, yet the video shows something different. It's like premiere decided to seperate the picture name and the content of the pictures, mixed everything up, delete some pictures and repeat others?. In the video it also seems to have blank screens in between some pictures.

Any idea what the problem might be? Im using Premiere Pro CC 2019. Thanks in advance!

Note: Im used to some adobe programs but very new to premiere pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

The source images are 72dpi and they're jpeg's with 843 × 597 dimensions.

Screenshot 2019-01-12 at 18.43.52.png

I exported the source images as png and it has fixed the problem! But I'd still like to hear from you if you see anything wrong with the settings or source image details : )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resave jpegs in Photoshop and try again.

Make sure they are rgb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are illustrations made in Illustrator and im 100% sure theyre RGB. Since its a stopmotion (over 150 pics), resaving them in Photoshop would take a really long time I think. Anything else I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you rendered the timeline?

Select everything in the timeline and then go to the menu Sequence > Render Selection

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not help unfortunately. Do you think it would make a difference if I exported the files as png's instead of jpeg's before putting them in premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the properties of the source images? (Pixel dimensions, codec, etc)

What are you sequence settings? (Go to the menu Sequence > Sequence Settings and post a screen shot of the panel that opens)

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The source images are 72dpi and they're jpeg's with 843 × 597 dimensions.

Screenshot 2019-01-12 at 18.43.52.png

I exported the source images as png and it has fixed the problem! But I'd still like to hear from you if you see anything wrong with the settings or source image details : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dpi means nothing in video: all that matters is height and width in pixels which are a bit odd in your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I thought Meg meant dpi. The dimensions came from the size of the illustrator artboards, which are in my case a4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe next time pick a template that matches most video dimensions.

How are you going to export this timeline, what is the end destination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip.

No specific place, its for a school project and im probably only going to show it on my laptop. Im exporting it as h.624

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines