Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Content Fragment Models in AEM 6.3.3.1

Level 2

Did anyone get Content Fragment Models to work on an AEM 6.3 instance with Service Pack 3 and Cumulative Fix Pack 1 installed?

I created the required configuration through the configuration browser, and even set the cq:conf node manually on the Assets folders, as described in the documentation and several help or forum posts. But nothing seems to work..

In all the instances that I have seen with this setup (AEM 6.3.3.1) the "Tools > Assets > Content Fragment Models" menu item is simply not available. I have also checked in CRXDE, and the node that should make it available is not there, so my assumption is that the feature is not being correctly installed by Service Pack 3.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Update the core components package, I used 2.2.2 that fixed the issue.

The fix is in 'cq-dam-cfm-content-0.9.345-NPR-19008-R010.zip'  that comes along with core.wcm.components.extension package

Temporary workaround, use the url directly  --

http://localhost:4502/libs/dam/cfm/models/console/content/models.html/conf

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

I already tried that, and in several configurations (global and site specific), but it does nothing. After digging a bit deeper this is not very surprising, because the required node for "Tools > Assets > Content Fragment Models" is missing in "/libs/dam/gui/content/nav/tools/assets".

While figuring out the problem I reinstalled a few internal packages, which did install the necessary node. But even then the content fragment editor was throwing some javascript exception, preventing me from saving my data.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Update the core components package, I used 2.2.2 that fixed the issue.

The fix is in 'cq-dam-cfm-content-0.9.345-NPR-19008-R010.zip'  that comes along with core.wcm.components.extension package

Temporary workaround, use the url directly  --

http://localhost:4502/libs/dam/cfm/models/console/content/models.html/conf

Level 2

Thanks for the response, I can see that this might "work", but it certainly is not workable.

So I'll log a daycare ticket for it, instead of losing more of my time (again).