• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the User Dictionary

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2008 Feb 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our department has just upgraded from RoboHelp 5 to Robohelp HTML 7.01.001 (as part of the Technical Communication Suite), and I'm trying to find a way to bring my old version 5 user dictionary into RoboHelp 7.

There doesn't seem to be any way to select a user dictionary in version 7, the online help doesn't provide any instructions, and I can't find any obvious dictionary files in either my Program Files or Documents and Settings folders.

Please, oh please, tell me I don't have to recreate the dictionary for version 7!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AdamXT. I haven't got RH7 here but is there not a Spelling Options menu item off the Tools menu? There is a Dictionaries tab that you can use to maintain your dictionaries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That tab does exist in RoboHelp 5, but not in RoboHelp 7...the Spelling Options dialog is still there but the Dictionaries tab is gone.

I know that RoboHelp 5 stored my personal dictionary in a file called Personal Dictionary.tlx, within an eHelp folder. RoboHelp 7 does not appear to have this folder or any similar file.

It almost looks like the ability to juggle personal dictionaries has been deliberately removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've found where RoboHelp 7 stores its personal dictionary...in a file called "added.clam".

I have a sneaking suspicion that they've upgraded their dictionary system to support unicode, so it isn't possible to just swap the .clam file for the old .tlx file.

In the RoboHelp 7 Spelling Options dialog there is a User Dictionary "Modify" option which allows you to add and remove personal dictionary entries...one at a time.

If RoboHelp 7 doesn't provide an easier way for doing this then I'm shocked. But then, quite a few things about RoboHelp 7 leave me in a state of apalled shock. :)

I hope somebody out there has found a better way to move a dictionary between 5 and 7!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2008 Jun 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam,

where exactly (in which folder) did you find "added.clam" for RoboHelp 7 HTML?

I cannot find it anywhere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2008 Aug 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
/bump

I'm in a similar boat. Is there a solution?

.MW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp