• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC eraser doesn't change

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I press eraser and then try to choose a brush preset for an eraser - photoshop doesnt change preset. It instead switches to brush tool.

Reset of both program and  PC didn't give much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Try creating eraser preset and select them.  You can only select tool preset for the current tool. If you have unchecked current tool only. You can select any tools Preset.  Photoshop will first switch to the correct tool then set the settings recorded in the tool preset.  If you record the select brush Brush preset into an action and Current tool only is checked and the current tool is the eraser tool the action will fail with select is not available.  If current tool only UI is unchecked Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating eraser preset and select them.  You can only select tool preset for the current tool. If you have unchecked current tool only. You can select any tools Preset.  Photoshop will first switch to the correct tool then set the settings recorded in the tool preset.  If you record the select brush Brush preset into an action and Current tool only is checked and the current tool is the eraser tool the action will fail with select is not available.  If current tool only UI is unchecked Photoshop will first switch to the brush tool and select will be available. The Brush tool will be the current tool with the preset settings set.

Capture.jpg]

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why doesn't the tool allow adjustments w/o having to go make something else do it? Makes zero sense to have a non-adjustable eraser tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i take my hat off to you sir!! What a bunch of retards...This completely disturbs my workflow and I really don't understand why this changed?! This didn't used to be a problem AT ALL?! Now what?...Must I really go thru a bunch of "record" and "check, uncheck" sequences to do something I don't won't to be bothered with?!...These kind of illogical (power to the Spock) and non-functional changes really piss me off!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has changed? The append you replied to was not even correct the eraser tools are adjustable.   What has change that COMPLETELY disturbs your workflow.  A single change changed everything in your workflow really which change there been many some like Adode's change to Transform are very disruptive.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your answer but I really didn't understood how to change the eraser brush ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try the pull down menu  and selectinf  one and the adjust the tip size

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. This is garbage. In older versions, I could switch to eraser and simply pick a brush shape. Now I have to go through a multistep process? I'm prety mad about that--like mad enough to fight it for a while, then turn to Google, find this article and ridiculous workaround, get mad about that, then write a grouchy comment. Honestly: I salute JJMack for posting a solution, but the fact that it is even necessary is GARBAGE. Come on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the eraser tool, then hold Ctrl + Alt and click on the brush you want to use as an eraser from your brush menu.

I'm using version 20.0.6 and this works. Yeah, it's so dumb that they changed it so you have to do extra steps. Makes no sense. But then, they changed a lot of things that have been a certain way for two decades for who knows what reason.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Don't get me started on the new Transform Tool functions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear ya on all that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! And that whole god damned department (what's it called, the F-UX R&D???) in Adobe resposnible for f*cking up workflows should be shot! Or at least decimated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for this shortcut! I can't imagine anyone asked for this feature to be buried two levels deep in the menus when it was so simple before...I can't even fathom the reasoning behind this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!! Still works for 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me, thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks heaps.  This simple answer worked really well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like someone suddenly improved your car by moving the door handle to the inside the exhaust pipe.. thanks mate!

(Every digital artist on planet earth is probably looking for another software right now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm here for the same reason others are. 

Ehm, let me clear my throat a minute... ehem....   Adobe, hello....  

WHAT THE F%)#%*^#)&^  DID YOU DO THIS FOR???????!?!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

This is ridiclous. You better get your s^%# toghether Adobe. 

Change it back. Now. 

In the mean time, while we wait for Adobe to make sensible decisions again, the workaround is, as posted by Angie Simpson, is to click Cmd+Alt while you change the brush type for your eraser. Every fu$^ing time. 

Idiots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Select your relevant brush, then from the top tool bar, Mode: drop down menu, select Clear. Then use your selected brush as an eraser.

If this still isnt clear then watch this guys tutorial.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree idk what absolut morons come up with these updates but they are nothing but a pain in the ass! 😠

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines