• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White box after installation with nothing on it except for an X ( Trial Version)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed the trial version of Illustrator and every time I open it there is a white box which doesn't let me do anything. The only thing that is visible on this box is an 'X'. As soon as that X is clicked, Illustrator gets closed. Please help. Thank you ^^

ai 1.jpg

ai 2.jpg

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Coco Cancan, if Javascript is being blocked in multiple web browsers then please review any installed security software that may be blocking access.  Javascript is used as part of the download, install, and running of Adobe applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try and turn off your internet connection and see if it works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Monika ^^ I did that and apparently, it was something about the subscription. When I clicked at the X on the tour box behind the white box, it started working. Thank you for suggesting that, you made my day =)))

ai4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it working.

Of course this cannot be a permanent solution so I would recommend you contact Customer Care on Monday.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right Monica, it is still causing problems if the internet is still on. Thank you for putting up the link of customer care. Apparently, there is no option for the illustrator so I guess I have to report something from the 'account issues' option.

Thank you for being so helpful Monica ^^. This newbie appreciates it a lot =). Have an amazing day!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coco Cancan, sorry that you are experiencing a white box whenever you open the trial of Illustrator CC on the computer running Windows.  Please remove the Adobe-related entries in the Windows Credential Manager as discussed in User and license information issues | CC 2019 .  This can help resolve any errors that may be faced while attempting to store the licensing information.

Please update this public forum discussion, if you have any questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeff. I did what you suggested. Now it is telling me that Javascript is disabled and also that my browser does not support Java so I am not sure what to do from here. I have downloaded Java on my system and apparently it is working on my Chrome browser as well.

JAVA.jpg

Y.jpg

JAva2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coco Cancan, if you use Edge or Firefox do you receive the same errors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the same that the browser isn't supported. I am about to download safari and check if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coco Cancan, if Javascript is being blocked in multiple web browsers then please review any installed security software that may be blocking access.  Javascript is used as part of the download, install, and running of Adobe applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Jeff! I used to have Kasper antivirus but not anymore. I tried shutting down windows firewall etc, uninstall and reinstall Java again. I am assuming this has something to do with Windows 10 and Java. I will contact customer care once again tomorrow. Thank you for taking the time to help ^^ I appreciate it a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines