• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Go to Next & Previous Edit Point Unmappable with Up & Down Arrows

Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Opt+Up Arrow and Opt+Down Arrow mapped as 'Go to Next Edit Point on Any Track' and 'Go to Previous, etc' and they work great. But when I try to map just the Up and Down Arrow without modifiers to 'Go to Next Edit Point' and 'Go to Previous Edit Point' they serve to scroll me page by page through the timeline and not go from transition to transition on the selected track.

I notice that if I assign 'Go to Next Edit Point' elsewhere on the keyboard, it seems to work as expected.

Is this a bug or user error. If the latter, how have I erred?

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin

Works fine for me. I have "Go to next edit point" assigned to "down" and it works as expected.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DigitalSpatula  wrote

Hi Martin

Works fine for me. I have "Go to next edit point" assigned to "down" and it works as expected.

Steve

Steve, are you working with the default keyboard or a custom keyboard. And, if the latter, did you customize the default or one of the other keyboard options?

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm working on a custom set based on the defaults. Those arrows keys haven't beem changed from the defaults but can be easily set to whatever you like.

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Up and Down arrows are the default for these actions.

Make sure you're using the default Premiere Pro set of shortcuts, rather than a set from another NLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, no, I'm not using the default set of shortcuts, I'm using a highly modified version of the Avid keyboard. But the keys should be modifiable to do what I want, shouldn't they?

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the keys should be modifiable to do what I want, shouldn't they?

Starting from a different Preset, I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines