• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text effect stretches/shrinks video frame

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of a newbie so forgive me my ignorance. What can I do to get rid of this without losing my text?Screenshot (5).pngScreenshot (7).pngScreenshot (6).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide some more details of what you are doing exactly? Explain the results you want and also the results you are getting. Anything to help us understand your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm making a video with several clips in it. There are simple transitions between the clips. For text over the videos I used the template "Angled Image Caption" with short lines of text. During the playback after I render, the videos shrink horizontally (they get super skinny) while the text effects are up on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this will help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same result when using vertical footage and vertical sequence settings. Perhaps that Essential Graphics Template was only designed for horizontal footage and not vertical? I tried messing around with the settings but it just made Premiere Pro crash, which doesn't happen to me very often. Try choosing a different template. When I went back and tried the same template on in a horizontal project I had no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually take back a few things I just said in the post. I tried several different video clips and settings. The only time I achieved the same result as you did was when I was using a 4k iPhone video clip and the sequence was made from the video clip. So my sequence was 2160x3840. But if I placed that same 4K iPhone video clip into a 1080 x 1920 sequence and scaled the clip down to 50% then the effect works.

Does that help at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps if you can tell me how to replicate that. am I scaling the entire sequence or just the clip? How do I accomplish this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zombie3,

Gerik wrote "my sequence was 2160x3840. But if you put the same video clip in the iPhone 4K in a sequence of 1080 x 1920 and resize the clip up to 50%, the effect will work."

So I really think that it meant creating a sequence 1080x1920 and inserting in it your clip even bigger, but you'll have to reduce to the size most suitable for your sequence from 1080x1920.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm back....

I recorded a video for reference. I took vertical 4k video shot on my iPhone trying to match what I saw in your screenshots. The first part of the video shows you how I was able to achieve the desired result by placing the 4k footage into a 1080x1920 sequence. The second part of the video shows you how I was able to mess it up and replicate the problem you were getting. Not sure if this is a bug in Premiere Pro or a problem with the MOGRT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines