• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

difficulty with anchor point on basic 3D effect

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody, I'm from Italy and this is my first time here.

Can you tell me if with the basic 3D effect (on "perspective" menu of Premiere 2019), the texts can be rotated on another anchor point that is not only what is at its base?

I would like to create with a text, the effect of a curtain that unfolds from the ceiling to the bottom, and as it is can not.

Or if maybe it could be another command / method to use?

Andrew,

Italy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me if with the basic 3D effect (on "perspective" menu of Premiere 2019), the texts can be rotated on another anchor point that is not only what is at its base?

It can only be rotated from the centre of the text or video clip

I would like to create with a text, the effect of a curtain that unfolds from the ceiling to the bottom, and as it is can not.

Or if maybe it could be another command / method to use?

I am not sure whether it will work as per your requirement but you can try out the Video Transition. Effects panel > 3D motion > Cube Spin > Apply it as the start of a text clip or end of it...then select the transition & in the effects control...choose top.

Screenshot 2019-01-21 at 4.59.46 PM.png

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you.

uhm very interesting indeed. That could be a solution.

I try and tell you about it;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do: the effect does not give what I wanted to recreate because I wanted the text and then the movement to start from a specific point.

I'm afraid it can only be done with AE.

Thanks anyway for your interest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any reference video of what you want achive. may be your right the effect needs AE because it has many more options for text animation... If you know after effects then create the effect in AE and import it in premiere pro as a graphic essentials template...so that you can do basic customization with premiere pro.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not a perfect solution, but a workaround for now:

01. take the text tool and start your text on the program monitor.

02. select the text from the Effect Controls panel, this should show you the anchor point, hold 'ctrl' or 'command' on mac and drag the anchor point until it snaps to the center of the text. then drag the text while holding 'ctrl' or command until it snaps to the center of your frame.

03. apply the basic 3D effect.

04. scale your text but don't fit it 100% to the frame, leave about 30% room and without deselecting or pressing anything drag the anchor point again to the top of your text, you will notice the text layer is sliding when doing this, no problem...

05. take your playhead to the start, keyframe the 'tilt' on basic 3D (90 degress value), then go forward and set another keyframe at 0 value. this should rotate it around the anchor point at the top and not around the center as it is defaulted.

06. nest your text layer to be able to reposition and resize it later without affecting the keyframes.

Anchor Point on Premiere Pro works with respect to size and dimensions relative to the sequence dimensions, that is why you need to scale your text or video and then move the anchor point when applying 'Basic 3D'. its different from how after effects behaves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice.

Instead of using ctrl/cmd turn on Snap Graphics under the wrench in the program monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all guys, Ann, Carlos and Vishuagg.

I try now and let you know.

Meanwhile, I wanted to put a part of the graphic animation that I want to create, only that I did not understand why you can not post as you do for an image; I must necessarily put it on a site like Youtube?

I had not thought about the discourse of the dimension concerning the whole frame; actually it works like this also for the clock transition;)

Here it is an image. As you can see, the title that is appearing from the "diretto" words rotation, has its anchor point at the bottom and not above as I would like; what I'll try to do now.

immagine per Adobe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do, it works exactly as it did before: it is as if the anchor point was at the base of the text, so its reversal takes place on the X axis but from the bottom towards the observer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to work on each word or line of words alone and nest them one by one, then resize and reposition.. it will take some practice because if you miss one single part or switched orders of what i posted everything will be ruined.. remember it's a workaround. I would suggest the best, easiest and fastest to go to after effects, create the 3d rotation there and export as mogrt from there. then you can control further steps on premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is clear. I do not miss the practice, but the problem already arises in the operations before the nesting, that is, those that concern the anchor point.

The overturning does not work in the correct sense, but focuses on the base of the text although I had moved it up as you explained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to keyframe the scale only vertically from 0 to 100, although it is not like basic 3d tilt, but it may give the illusion of tilt...

Premiere Pro is not yet a software designed to work properly for 3D space motion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting the first "Tilt" keyframe to -90 instead of 90, I think I see the same thing you are saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello people, sorry for the absence but I was not very fit.

Nothing to do, with these solutions that you kindly proposed to me, Carlos and Myer, I do not get the effect I wanted. It does not matter, I will finally try to study AE for the possibility to manage certain effects.

In this regard, I ask you a suggestion on where I could start learning (maybe the Adobe teaching sections?).

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok Ann, I'll learn the whole basics functions.

Thank you all for the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines