• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Update complains needing updated video drivers

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest update (December 2019) breaks my Premiere Pro saying it needs updated video drivers.  Everything I have is at the newest rev's of firmware so I'm not sure what it's asking for.

I'm running fully patched Windows 10 on a TUF Z370-Pro Gaming motherboard, 32GB RAM, i7-8700, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB.   I talked with Tech support and their solution was to install a previous version.  Every time my Adobe Cloud apps update it breaks and I have to revert.  Lightroom and Photoshop work fine as done Premiere on an older version.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, meant Dec 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SkyDiverDriver,

Sorry for your issue. I understand that you are getting performance related issues while using Nvidia graphics card and it asks for the driver update.

Please check this article: https://www.premierebro.com/blog/support-changes-for-gpu-acceleration-coming-to-premiere-pro

I would recommend performing a clean installation of Nvidia drivers: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000025720/Nvidia-Driver-Clean-Installation

Latest Nvidia drivers: Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.  The link you provided points to the 416 driver which I already had, but further down they say that 416 had a bunch of bugs and to do a clean install of the 417 driver which I did.  The newest version of Adobe Premiere Pro on startup blows up with the error:

"^1 could not find any capable video play modules.  Please update your video display drivers and start again".

I double checked the firmware for the motherboard and components, controllers, video drivers, storage devices, and fully patched the OS.  There are no further drivers to update on any piece of hardware in this machine.

Is there anything else I can provide Adobe that might help them debug this problem?  I am not the only person having this issue it appears from my Google searches.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 417.35 on my 1060/6GB card, and it's running perfectly ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just loaded 417.71 for the ASUS Dual-GTX1060-6G.  Which of the 1060's are you running?  That might have something to do with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried downgrading to the 417.35 driver and I have exactly the same results.   Premiere Pro isn't giving me enough to go on to debug the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SkyDiverDriver  wrote

The newest update (December 2019) breaks my Premiere Pro saying it needs updated video drivers.  Everything I have is at the newest rev's of firmware so I'm not sure what it's asking for.

I'm running fully patched Windows 10 on a TUF Z370-Pro Gaming motherboard, 32GB RAM, i7-8700, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB.   I talked with Tech support and their solution was to install a previous version.  Every time my Adobe Cloud apps update it breaks and I have to revert.  Lightroom and Photoshop work fine as done Premiere on an older version.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

I have this problem on a new system! (3 months old) The best solution for me was to go back to 3.0.1 from 3.0.2.

You can disable the auto update through the CC app.

Some people have this problem and others do not it seems. I'm in the category of those who do! No other fix works, apart from Adobe fixing it their side!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately in talking with tech support, I don't think they know what the problem is.  The guy I talked to a month or so ago said he ran it up the line to the back-line guys but I never heard anything back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think mine is an EVGA, I know it's a single fan model.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines