• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot open Adobe Premiere 2017. It gives me the message "Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again."

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm using Adobe Premiere 2017 at my work, on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6. I am trying to finish a project for them, and they say that it has to be on Adobe Premiere 2017, that we can't update the program until I finish the project because they updated Premiere on their other computers, and they could no longer work with the video files we use with the newest version of Premiere. My computer is the last one with Premiere 2017.

This being said, all of a sudden a few days ago, I can no longer open Premiere. It gives me the message "Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again."

I have no updates for my video display driver, which is: AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB

I've tried: Error "Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules" | Startup

I can't even uninstall Premiere, when I click on the Uninstaller, nothing happens and the Uninstaller doesn't open.

I'd appreciate any help! Remember, I can't update Premiere for now, so I need to try to fix this problem with this version.

Thanks!

Morgan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a note that AVG antivirus causes problems https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2138787

Do you only have that AMD, or does you Mac also have a motherboard Intel video chip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines