Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

RTE - Feature to track the content changes at dialog level

Level 2

use case: Requirement to check for version control on RTE i.e to see the changes made to the text/content on the dialog. (Basically like a spell check or on microsoft word document we can enable the version and see the modifications made by author, what time and content )

problem statement: Authors/content provider's wanted to have a solution to track the modification/edits done at dialog level. Assume they are using an RTE component to write content on body of an article page(5000 words) and trigger a work flow for review to lead content provider on review they are modifying the content. On modification they wanted a feature to see what corrections made and by whom.

It would be great to know if we have any plugin's available or thoughts on this requirement to delight the authors.

example: Track changes - CKEditor 5 Documentation

Thank you,

Sunil

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Sunil,

I dont think there any plugins for it. However, we can handling versioning the page.

ex: When an author sends a page for review, create a version and when the lead content provider makes any changes on review, create another version.

or lead content provider can use annotations to mark the required changes and assign it back to author so that author can incorporate the changes accordingly.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Sunil,

I dont think there any plugins for it. However, we can handling versioning the page.

ex: When an author sends a page for review, create a version and when the lead content provider makes any changes on review, create another version.

or lead content provider can use annotations to mark the required changes and assign it back to author so that author can incorporate the changes accordingly.

Level 10

As Lokesh mentioned, there are no plugins in AEM OOB and best solution would be to create page versions and take it forward for review & other use cases accordingly. Per my knowledge, AEM is not built on these principles and it's more of a page-based CMS.

Another solution would be to have listeners at node level or at dialog level to trigger workflows or some other actions that you want to perform but that might kill the system based on the volume of content modification.

On a side note, if you already know that CKEditor can deliver what you seek, is there a specific reason to not integrate CKEditor with AEM for these type of use cases?

Here's an old link which might require some effort but its worth it - GitHub - ahmed-musallam/aem-ckeditor-widget: A CKEditor Granite UI widget for the Adobe Experience M...

Level 2

Ckeditor has it on roadmap. Currently not available. Thank you