• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clips blending together during scrubbing/playback

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my cursor will be on one clip in the timeline but it keeps showing images that came prior. I updated the app hoping this would fix itself, but sadly it hasn't. It's blending frames together.

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 3.39.21 AM.png

As you can see in this screencap... the program monitor should reflect where the cursor is and show a black screen with white text but it is showing the frame before. It has been doing that with all my clips and I am concerned because I need to trim my clips but I don't want to trim them wrong because of this issue. Is there a workaround for this please?! I am on a deadline!!!

Computer info:

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 4.11.03 PM.png

Running the latest version of premiere.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Start by deleting your previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are certain there is nothing else on the timeline above your black video?

From that CTI position, how many frames do you have to go forward before it shows black?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am 100% certain, I tried to show that in the screencap. Here is another screencap of the same thing happening with another clip. It's happening with ALL my clips. Below, you can see that the cursor is on the girls face but the image displayed is of the car from the previous clip. It also does a very strange "clip jump" in between, where you really can't understand what you're seeing for a millisecond. It's as though a teeny, tiny sliver of another clip is in between the two clips during playback, if that makes sense. There isn't a clip between them, btw.

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 5.35.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by deleting your previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

delete.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typing that address given on my mac does not lead me to anything. I tried following the path that they give as well and it's doesn't exist. I don't have anything called a "library" or "application support." Here is the new menu, what should I do?

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 6.44.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The User/Library folder is hidden on MacOS. In a Finder window, click Go at the top of your screen, then Go To Folder, and type

• ~/Library

That will take you to the hidden folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I made it to the ~/Library folder.

Shall I delete the contents of the "Media cache" and "Media Cache Files"? Will I have to render my current project again? Will the clip blending happen again possibly or no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend clicking in your timeline, selecting Sequence at the top of your screen, then Delete Render files. If that doesn't work you can try delving into manually deleting your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So delete render files and then render them again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're trying to determine why video is showing when your playhead is over black video. It is most likely due to your preview files. Just delete the preview files and put the playhead marker in the same spot as your screenshot in your original post. Rendering comes later: we're trying to find out of this is indeed the problem first.

After you delete the preview files, does the timeline look as it should?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry I misunderstood. I deleted the render files and the problem went away. Am I not able to render it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you absolutely can. If you were moving stuff around one the timeline, occasionally render/preview files can get out of sync. Luckly, it happens rarely enough. Just a quick deletion of the render files can resolve issues like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! I will re-render again and hopefully it doesn't happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to where they're saved and delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where they're saved. I have looked at multiple different people pointing to where it is and my menu is not the same as what they're saying. I tried typing in that address into my MAC and nothing comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click in your Sequence/Timeline so that window is in focus. Go to the top of your screen, click Sequence. Then click Delete Render Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines