• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback is essentially broken

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. So I got a new computer to edit at home and it is giving me some serious trouble. It seems to not just stutter, but jump back constantly to previous frames. I'm at a loss as to what to do and I have some time sensitive stuff to work on. Any help is appreciated.

Video example of issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GkNQTFIL3o

computer specs:

• 8th Generation Intel i7-8700 6-Core 3.20 GHz Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.60 GHz), Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive, DVD-RW Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5 Graphics (1x Display Port, 1x HDMI, 1x DVI), Intel UHD Graphics 630

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey John,

I Should have mentioned this may be part of this issue. before this issue premiere would stop responding before even fully opening, so i tried updating the driver. Downloaded Geforce experience from nvidia, which auto updated to the newest driver. did this because I had a hard time finding the exact driver for my specific graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera was used to record the footage you're using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jim, I've tried multiple clips from different sources, mov and mp4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically, what 'sources'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got off the phone with adobe support and ended up downloading a program called handbrake to put each video file through before premiere. It actually remedies the issue quite well, Its just very annoying to have to use this on every video file I use since I never had to do that with past machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines